IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New private parking ticket appeals feedback

Comments

• Helen59
    Helen59 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    Do you know what are the chances that ECP give up sending letters ?
    My worry is that if I don't pay within 28 days (well, less than 20 now), is it going to increase again ? And if at the end I loose against Popla, will I have to pay a stupid big amount ?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
  • No you won't have to pay.

End of
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Helen59 wrote: »
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    Do you know what are the chances that ECP give up sending letters ?
    My worry is that if I don't pay within 28 days (well, less than 20 now), is it going to increase again ? And if at the end I loose against Popla, will I have to pay a stupid big amount ?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    It doesn't matter how much it increases if you do not have to pay it.
    Even if you do lose at POPLA , the decision is not binding on you. POPLA decisions are only binding on the PPC
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • Pinacolada_2
    Pinacolada_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello,

I got a ticket from Ethical Parking Management Company, who are members of BPA approved operators. The ticket was issued in my work car park - I had bought a ticket which had just fallen off the dashboard when I slammed shut the door (it was windy). I scanned the ticket in immediately and sent it to them with my appeal. I still have the valid ticket. You could clearly see the ticket by looking in through the window - it just wasn't on the dashboard. You can't see it in the pictures the parking warden took either as the glare from the sun has turned the window glass into mirrors.

I appealed it and they upheld the ticket. I can go to popla but Ethical have warned me that going to popla and losing will incur even further costs.

I've read on here that the tickets are not binding and I shouldn't pay - is this the case? I'm leaving the job soon so not worried about that side of things, I just don't want to be taken to court and fined an even larger amount.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Pinacolada wrote: »
    Hello,

I got a ticket from Ethical Parking Management Company, who are members of BPA approved operators. The ticket was issued in my work car park - I had bought a ticket which had just fallen off the dashboard when I slammed shut the door (it was windy). I scanned the ticket in immediately and sent it to them with my appeal. I still have the valid ticket. You could clearly see the ticket by looking in through the window - it just wasn't on the dashboard. You can't see it in the pictures the parking warden took either as the glare from the sun has turned the window glass into mirrors.

I appealed it and they upheld the ticket. I can go to popla but Ethical have warned me that going to popla and losing will incur even further costs.

I've read on here that the tickets are not binding and I shouldn't pay - is this the case? I'm leaving the job soon so not worried about that side of things, I just don't want to be taken to court and fined an even larger amount.

Thanks.

Here are the odds.

Pay the charge - odds of it getting to court Nil

Ignore - (you miss the chance of going through POPLA where we reckon on success in the high 90%s or even higher) and you will have to pay the higher amount if they take you to court and you lose. Someone - what's this PPC's track record of going to court??

Use our help via POPLA and we reckon you will win. No guarantees and you could have to pay more if you lose in court. But you will be able to afford it as you will have won the lottery (There's a better chance of that than losing in court!!!)

Read a few threads and decide on what you want to do.
  • They don't do court
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 July 2013 at 8:20PM
    Pinacolada wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks.

Advice is to start a new thread and not post on an old/archived and pruned discussion thread which serves no useful purpose (not you, this old thread of 'feedback')! Start your own but only when you have read quite a few other threads first, so at least you will have read current advice and know about challenging it, NOT ignoring it.

If you have got a POPLA code this will be where you WIN IT if you get help to word your POPLA appeal (but please, no immediate thread saying 'help I need to write a POPLA appeal' seeing as examples are everywhere on new threads! Please read around the forum to at least start you off writing a draft for us to help you with).

See my signature for where to click to see the USEFUL threads on the forum, not this one. Happy reading about example POPLA appeals.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why do people see a thread that says POPLA FEEDBACK and think there is a good place to ask about my parking ticket? There is a whole section to post their new topic in.
    Sorry if its a rant but I wanted to look at feedback and just see ticket queries.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • I have successfully appealed a parking charge levied against me by ParkingEye Ltd.

The assessor wrote

"The Appellant has made various submissions but I only propose to deal with the one submission that I am allowing this appeal on which is the genuine pre- estimate of loss. The Appellant submits that no loss was suffered by the Operator and the parking charge is disproportionately high and fails to reflect the actual loss suffered as a result of the breach.
    The signage produced by the Operator states that a failure to comply with the terms and conditions will lead to a charge of £100 being issued. This wording seems to indicate that the charge represents damages for a breach of the parking contract and therefore the charge must be a genuine pre- estimate of loss.
    As the Appellant has raised the issue of the charge not being a genuine pre- estimate of loss, the onus is on the Operator to prove that it is. The Operator has stated that the parking charge is fair and reasonable but has made no attempt to address what loss was suffered by the Appellant’s breach of the terms and conditions of parking.
    I have looked at all of the evidence and have decided to allow this appeal on the basis that the Operator has failed to prove that the parking charge amount was a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
    Accordingly, this appeal must be allowed."

Hope this helps others.
  • hi everyone, this is my first comment, I parked opposite a pizza shop at 8pm there is two buildings with a wide road in between which leads to a compound that is closed, above is a snooker hall, I was in the pizza shop no more that 4min, and got to my car and had a young lad knock at my window, I thought it was a smack head, then he said you have a fine you can't park here. It all seemed a bit weird he said he had no stickers for my window but had a piece of paper in his hand, and said its all above board. As it was Friday night in a city centre at 8pm I thought I am either going to thump him or drive a way, I said to him I don't believe you and drove away, I called the pizza shop to confirm and the lad said its true but they cannot do anything don't worry I told him what happened. Any one have any ideas I am going to see if there is any sign tomorrow it seems a bit harsh for Friday night at 8pm to get a fine, where dose this end every crook is allowed to run a mock they can get your details if they are registered its pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure