Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Woodywoo
    • By Woodywoo 12th Oct 17, 8:07 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Woodywoo
    Redundancy - PILON calculated wrong
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:07 PM
    Redundancy - PILON calculated wrong 12th Oct 17 at 8:07 PM
    Hi everyone.

I have been served with option of redundancy in my place if work if I donít relocate.

They provided me with a quote of what I would receive if I chose to leave. It includes a redundancy payment as well as a payment in lieu of notice of 12 weeks which is my contractural notice period.

The thing isnít they have quoted my PILON incorrectly and are paying me too much. I know what they have done to calculate it wrong, they have based it on my old salary that was significantly higher than my current salary. My job was re-evaluated a few months ago and in July I signed for a revised role at a reduced salary.

I just want to know if the company have to honour the PILON they quoted that is incorrect and to my favour or whether they can just change it now if they notice they have made a mistake. I obviously want to get as much as I can.

Many thanks in advance.

W
Page 1
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 12th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    • 4,187 Posts
    • 6,896 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    No they don't. It's a mistake. You know it's a mistake. They can come after your at any time to recover that money for the next six years. Be honest. Tell them they've made a mistake.
    • Woodywoo
    • By Woodywoo 12th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Woodywoo
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    Thanks for clarifying so quickly.
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 15th Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    • 1,062 Posts
    • 1,128 Thanks
    badmemory
    • 15th Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    • 15th Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    Surely this depends on what your contract may say. They may have to honour the old salary for your redundancy if the downgrading was part of the redundancy process.
    Last edited by badmemory; 15-10-2017 at 7:33 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,749Posts Today

5,927Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin