Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dwmppiwarrior
    • By Dwmppiwarrior 4th Oct 17, 10:43 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dwmppiwarrior
    Unregulated loans
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:43 PM
    Unregulated loans 4th Oct 17 at 10:43 PM
    I took a loan some years ago with Paragon which had PPI. I tried to make a claim in 2010 through a claims company but was told that Paragon was not FCA regulated at the time therefore my claim was denied. If I wanted to pursue it further I would have to fund court proceedings myself. Is there any late redress in this matter or is it the end of the road
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 4th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 7,181 Posts
    • 5,167 Thanks
    -taff
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    End of the road.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    If I wanted to pursue it further I would have to fund court proceedings myself. Is there any late redress in this matter or is it the end of the road
    Originally posted by Dwmppiwarrior
    Well, self-funded (and ill-advised) court action is still available to you but otherwise it was indeed the end of the road seven years ago.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,979Posts Today

6,021Users online

Martin's Twitter