CV for a part time job for 16 year old

Looking to do a CV for my daughter who will be 16 next month any help appreciated

Comments

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Put down any work experience she's done and if she's done any skill days at school.

For example, my school did a Team Building Week
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Same as any other CV other than it is obviously going to be a bit light on the employment history side but this can be made up for with a personal statement (enjoy working in with customers, good in teams etc)
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • i used to hire people at maccies, so looked at a lot of young peoples cv's.

in education put if shes goign to college and her predicted gcse results, if you havent got these yet her sat results will help to show that shes proficient in maths and english, somethign all employers look for.

make sure you direct it towards the jobs shes goign for, if shes after shop work for example, put down if she does car boot sales/ jumble sales or anything else liek that or any experience shes had handling cash, e.g. taking subs at guides or whatever. if its waitriessing put down if shes helped out at any special occasions etc.

make sure the persoanl statement reflcets what teh employers want, we used to get ones at maccies that said stuff like 'my hobbies are collecting teddy bears' (tahts a real one!) which is totally irrelevent! we used to pick people whose hobbies were active coz youre on your feet a lot and people who used to say stuff like 'im reliable, punctual and motivated and a team player' but be wary of laying it on too thick as we used to take those ones with a pinch of salt! for all of the qualities you put down, try to think of an examples, e.g. 'im a team player as i do drama classes and we all have to work together to make it a good play' etc. etc.

good luck!!!
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family