PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Powdered Egg?

Comments

• sandraroffey
    sandraroffey Posts: 1,358 Forumite
    in the war everyone used dried egg. there must be recipes etc online, for dried eggs in cooking. my mum always used it in cakes and cooking. i have the 'we'll eat again' cook books with recipes from during and after the war. dried egg is used in them all. have a look online. xxx
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi bordercars,

This earlier thread may help: Powdered Egg?

I'll add your thread to that one later to keep the replies together.

Pink
  • bordercars
    bordercars Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    just bought some in tescos brandon. on offer 49p instead of 1.97.
    cheaper than eggs
    Div 1 Play Off Winners 2007
    CCC Play Off Winners 2010
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Sorry to barge in with another question on this thread, but can someone say if storing fresh eggs in the fridge is safe?
  • Pink.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Pretani wrote: »
    Sorry to barge in with another question on this thread, but can someone say if storing fresh eggs in the fridge is safe?

Hi Pratani,

This thread may help you: eggs - best to keep in the fridge?

Pink
  • wendybird
    wendybird Posts: 129 Forumite
    Does anyone know where I can find these? I want them for my storecupboard for baking etc. You can get them in the US, but I can't seem to find any here? Are they called something else?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
    Wendybird
  • Pink.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Wendy,

There was a thread on this very topic yesterday that should help so I'll add your post to it to keep the replies together.

Pink
  • wendybird
    Thank you pink-winged! Not sure how I missed that as I seem to spend most of my time on this forum recently! Cheers - I'll have look at Tesco for the whole egg powder. I see they have egg white powder on-line as well, but I don't think this will work? (Not much of a cook - but I'm trying!).
  • wendybird
    No luck, they don't carry it in my local Tesco :mad: and I can't get it online from them either. Any one else have other ideas?
  • hi Wendybird

I've been thinking about trying powdered egg whites in icing. If you go to www.supercookonline.co.uk they have powdered egg whites and at £1.72 for 6 sachets (each represents 2 egg whites). They also have whole egg powder on there as well. This is their online shop so hopefully you can order the stuff and get it sent to you. I haven't ordered any yet as I was going to see if I can find any locally.

Hope this helps.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport