Why sell now?

Moorgate who have been handling my account for 3 years have decided to sell my account when I've only about 3 payments left until it's cleared!

Pain in the backside they have been getting more than the contractual amount and have already received the vast majority of the money, they know rightly they will get the rest so what's the benefit in selling at presumably a discount (which they wouldn't give me) so why sell now?

Strangely though the payee details are the same sort code, it's gone to IDEM servicing which disappointingly seem to be as bad as Moorgate at accepting lower settlements.

Pain in the backside as I had the last payments all set up and now o have to change it

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Moorgate who have been handling my account for 3 years have decided to sell my account when I've only about 3 payments left until it's cleared!

Pain in the backside they have been getting more than the contractual amount and have already received the vast majority of the money, they know rightly they will get the rest so what's the benefit in selling at presumably a discount (which they wouldn't give me) so why sell now?

Strangely though the payee details are the same sort code, it's gone to IDEM servicing which disappointingly seem to be as bad as Moorgate at accepting lower settlements.

Pain in the backside as I had the last payments all set up and now o have to change it

I'd tell them to fornicate off if it was me glen, sometimes these idiots deliberately go out of there way to be awkward, I'd quickly lose patience with them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    sourcrates wrote: »
    I'd tell them to fornicate off if it was me glen, sometimes these idiots deliberately go out of there way to be awkward, I'd quickly lose patience with them.

I know you would but none defaulted account so close to being paid of and hope to (re)mortgage in the next wee while, default now would be painful
  • Nothing has really changed - idem is linked to Moorgate, they haven't really sold it. Similar thing happened to us. You'll still have the debt paid in three months time - congratulations! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure