IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - Gallagher Retail Park, Dundee

Comments

• Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If talking about same car park as op, then POPLA is not an option as the car park is in Scotland.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good point - but who knows when these threads are hijacked?! After all, clearly Mum in law wasn't breastfeeding either!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MaxyChas
    MaxyChas Posts: 5 Forumite
    I got a ticket 4 months ago and took the advice to ignore all letters but today I got a voicemail from a company called Gordon and Noble who are Sheriff Officers in Glasgow. He has asked me to call re a parking problem. I haven't returned his call yet. Any advice on what this means now???
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Please start your own thread as posting on someone else's is hijacking which you agreed NOT to do when you signed up.

When you do please answer this

took the advice to ignore all letters

Who's advice was this? Not ours.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    It is our advice to ignore in Scotland. But please create your own thread on your situation MaxyChas
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • My advice is to ignore. In August 2013 I received a parking fine for £100 to be reduced to £60 on payment being received within a certain period. I was only in the parking area for about 30 minutes, admittedly I forgot to get a ticket for my car. However, I did not respond to any correspondence from the originator of the fine nor when it was passed on to a debt collection agency (with an English address) who threatened legal action alongside reducing the fine if I paid up! Eventually the letters stopped coming. Please don't feel scared, stand your ground and they WILL go away! IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE!! They don't have the 'clout' to bring legal action in Scotland!
  • forfarnewbie
    forfarnewbie Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 May 2014 at 3:30PM
    Hi everyone

I appreciate that there are various different posts going on here but I would like some final clarification please.

Last week I popped into M&S to get some milk etc. I was gone literally about 15 minutes. I had a parking ticket on my return! I genuinely had NO idea that I had to pay to park.

So, I recognise my mistake (even tough I contest the need to pay to park in a retail park).

So, to be clear: should I ignore the fine? I live in Scotland, own the car etc. etc.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I don't like the sound of having a "Sheriff" call me from Glasgow? :(:mad:

PS: I should mention that although I LIVE in Scotland and am a registered & insured driver the car belongs and is registered in England. Does this make a difference?!
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Advice ;)

#1 Start your OWN thread please.

#2 - Might be worth appealing the windscreen ticket, as your lease company may try to pay it then bill you (adding an admin charge). This then removes UKPC's right to pursue the keeper as they already know who is the driver. You can then ignore UKPC and their chums. :)

* So I think. Not 100% sure though.
  • pollyc
    pollyc Posts: 3 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    To Forfarnewbie

My advice once again is to ignore the fine. The supposed 'parking offence' took place in Scotland, the fact your car is registered in England is of no consequence. It is probable that the car parking co. will apply to DVLA for your address and then the letters will eventually arrive. They will ask you for payment and threaten legal action etc. If you ignore these your details will be passed to a debt collection agency who will try to prize money out of you and state that your credit rating could be affected etc etc etc. I would recommend that you do not respond to any correspondence and the nasty letters will eventually stop arriving. As for receiving a phone call from a sheriff - that won't happen. I checked out the company of Gordon and Noble, Glasgow. Yes they carry out sheriff officer work but they are also DEBT COLLECTORS and the phone call received by MaxyChas about the 'parking problem' would have been from the debt collection side. IGNORE THE FINE Forfarnewbie!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure