so looking for any recommendations
thanks
Nice to save.

Comments

• rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    just been looking at security lights as well, so thinking might as well get something like this instead
    or any recommendations welcome
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/WGCC-Camera-Waterproof-Vision-Outoor/dp/B0777GY67H/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1518961085&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ip+camera+onvif&psc=1
    Nice to save.
  • chib
    chib Posts: 537
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    That is a camera, not a light. Won't help when you need to put the bin out in the dark?
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Think about where you are going to put the light and how sensitive you want it to be. If it is motion activated, you could find it is set off by any activity - which could include something as insubstantial as a moth fluttering by, or leaves fluttering in the wind.
  • chib wrote: »
    That is a camera, not a light. Won't help when you need to put the bin out in the dark?

thanks for that, just proves how much tech savvy (or not) i am.

mainly need one to light up garden , just thought that ne ws a two-in-one.
    i.e. security camera and motion light
    Nice to save.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,855
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    I have these and they are great !

I only have them turn on when motion is seen.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DNFYAV8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Iamzee
    Iamzee Posts: 62 Forumite
    I got a motion sensor light from ebay but didn't last 2 weeks. I'm thinking of getting this maxsa motion activated spotlight though still looking for other good reviews or recommendations.
  • sarah1972 wrote: »
    I have these and they are great !

I only have them turn on when motion is seen.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DNFYAV8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thanks for informing about these,but i am not so sure about the solar powered ones , due to the lack of sunshine we get during winter months, as this is the time of year they are needed most.
    although they have good reviews

battery operated , or usb rechargeable ones would be ideal i think as they dont have to be wired in
    Nice to save.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,855
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    thanks for informing about these,but i am not so sure about the solar powered ones , due to the lack of sunshine we get during winter months, as this is the time of year they are needed most.
    although they have good reviews

battery operated , or usb rechargeable ones would be ideal i think as they dont have to be wired in

Mine work all winter and have never failedr. They dont need a lot of sun at all,
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,698
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    For battery operated/solar the ones Sarah has linked to are about the best bang for buck- you can get them is several different sizes. Just make sure you can mount them where the slopped solar panel is not in shade and pointing south.

Otherwise you probably need to mount an LED spot light on the house, yet need to avoid upsetting the neighbours. We'd really need tough dimensions of the area to be lit to recommend a model.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure