Is this person just trying to get her hands on lady's inheritance?

Comments

• LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The OP says the lady is 90. So born in 1926 or 1927. So 18 in May 1945. And presumably still in school

I don't dispute she could have been in education in 1945. I will check with my mother in law - born in 1931 and a member of the Hitler Youth (as was required by the Reich) - what the school leaving age was at the time.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I hope she does leave everything to this women.

Sounds like she would be lost without her and her husband and is very happy to have such helpful friends.

Good luck to them.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    LilElvis wrote: »
    I don't dispute she could have been in education in 1945. I will check with my mother in law - born in 1931 and a member of the Hitler Youth (as was required by the Reich) - what the school leaving age was at the time.

In the UK, it was 14.
  • Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    It's funny (not ha ha) how if the younger women was being paid as a private carer by the elderly woman the gardener wouldn't mind that. But if the elderly woman decided to leave the property to her upon her death then he would mind hmm envy is bright green in his eyes. It's also interesting how the gardener only sees this lady and her husband call round but not any of the old woman's family members.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Mojisola wrote: »
    In the UK, it was 14.

Yes, and I'd really doubt that it was 18 years in Germany.

The OP has edited the original post so no idea what was changed.
  • applepicker
    applepicker Posts: 151 Forumite
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Maybe the lady in her 50s is suspicious of you - and suspects that you have designs on the money of the lady in her 90s! Suspicions work both ways.

Well she was/is stirring with the cleaner who was there for ten years and got me fired once by stirring up trouble. The cleaner got my job back after a year. (The inheritance lady) has stirred up trouble for both of us, and it could be that she sees everyone as a threat to the money!
  • applepicker
    Mojisola wrote: »
    In the UK, it was 14.

She met Hitler at a sports competition when she was a girl and he shook her hand. She doesn't seem to realise what a big deal this is. Can't be many people around now who shook his hand.
  • applepicker
    Bath_cube wrote: »
    It's funny (not ha ha) how if the younger women was being paid as a private carer by the elderly woman the gardener wouldn't mind that. But if the elderly woman decided to leave the property to her upon her death then he would mind hmm envy is bright green in his eyes. It's also interesting how the gardener only sees this lady and her husband call round but not any of the old woman's family members.

Because that would be normal. People just aren't this nice. If she lived in a council flat a random ex-gardener (inheritance lady) wouldn't be coming around 5 evenings a week and doing all this. And if she is a mother Teresa then why is she so mean to me, the cleaner before and why did she get rid of another woman before who was helping the German lady years ago by stirring up trouble?
  • applepicker
    Peter333 wrote: »
    Either the OP IS the 50 something woman and she is testing the water to see what people think of her, (I mean she does know an AWFUL lot of info!) Or she is bitter and jealous of the actual woman, because she got in there first. :cool:

I don't like her because I feel or suspect she has plotted this whole thing rather than it happening naturally.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    applepicker : ever heard the saying "when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"?

I would suggest that YOU are the malicious one, gossiping with a sacked cleaner and carer, making the elderly lady's life a cause for gossip - and why on earth, because someone doesn't live in a council house should Mrs 50 not care for someone? Maybe she does actually CARE!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure