MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• cllola wrote: »
    Had a bit of a stressful couple of days. I am full of cold which doesnt help things but basically we have been served notice to move out of our rented house by 9th April. We have been having ongoing problems with the boiler for 10 months now and we had no heating or hot water for two days over the weekend so sent a rather stern complaint to the letting agent regarding this and a couple of other issues that are not being sorted. Anyway we had a hand delivered letter through the door giving us our notice on Sunday. The letting agent has spit his dummy out because we have suggested that he has either been lying to the landlords or he has broken contractual law. He told the landlords that someone had been out to the house to fix the issues but when the landlords came round to us to enquire we told them no one had been round/contacted us to gain entry. so either the letting agent has lied or he has let someone in witout us knowing, which breaks the tenancy agreement. He has also said that basically if we go to his office and beg and take back the accusation of lying then he will 'make it all go away' and we can stay in our house!

Needless to say we dont want to be dealing with this man anymore and it looks like we will be moving at 8 month pregnant! Such a shame because we were hoping to stay there until we are in a position to buy in about a years time. Also my son goes to school in the village and there are no rental properties available in the area :-(
    It all sounds a bit suspicious as surely the landlord has to agree to giving you notice rather than the agent being able to just do it independently. If the agent is managing the property and is giving you notice behind the landlord's back then I should think the landlord would want to know and would likely change agent (or take over managing the proprty themselves) so I would suggest contacting the landlord direct if you want to stay there. If the agent kicks you out then the landlord has a period of time with no tenant and therefore no income from the property plus they will be paying the agent to find a new tenant so it is in the landlord's best interests to keep you.
  • Crabapple
    Crabapple Posts: 1,573 Forumite
    Cllola - as others have said, def try and speak to your landlord direct. I haven't rented for a while but had experience with letting agents that didn't pass info on and tried to make us look like bad tenants when we were doing everything right.

Had mw today as well smartcat! Mine was the regular 38 wk, although that's technically tomorrow. Baby was moving loads, all my readings are good, and he's head down although two weeks ago he was 1/5 engaged and today just sitting low. Apparently 1st babies often engage for weeks before (my dd was) but subsequent ones can pop in and out.

I made an appointment for 40 weeks when she wants to see me again, if not already popped by then. All approved for the birth unit as well so long as things keep progressing normally.

It's probably not worth having a sweep unless baby is getting into position - it will be more uncomfortable for you and less likely to achieve anything. I had one at 41+2 last time but it didn't do anything, she just wasn't quite cooked then!

Still got stuff to do to be ready for this baby. Must finish the hospital bags as a priority, I only have very basics in there and nowhere near all I will need even though I hope not to need to stay very long.
    :heartpuls Daughter born January 2012 :heartpuls Son born February 2014 :heartpuls

Slimming World ~ trying to get back on the wagon...
  • vseviour
    vseviour Posts: 137 Forumite
    Cllola, I also vote with going direct to landlord. We had similar troubles (unreasonable behaviour, unauthorised access, water coming out plug sockets that they refused to fix) and after explaining to him, he agreed to bypass the letting agent, and have a direct contract with him, fixed the probs and all at reduced rent.
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Due date list
    1. Birdie85 - 10th February 2014 :male:
    2. Emz118 - 26th February 2014 ?
    3. Smartcat04 - 26th February 2014 :female:
    4. Crabapple - 26th February 2014 :male:
    5. Becca0417 - 3rd March 2014 ?
    6. Kynthia - 3rd March 2014 ?
    7. SmlSave - 3rd March 2014 :female:
    8. Faithhope - 3rd March 2014 :male: - Section 26th Feb
    9. Sidney88 - 8th March 2014 :male:
    10. bellola - 9th March 2014 ?
    11. Squ1rrel5 - 14th March 2014 :female:
    12. blondy24 - 15th March 2014 ?
    13. LannieDuck - 17th March 2014 :female:
    14. CupofTea - 17th March 2014 ?
    15. Claire16c - 23rd March 2014 :female:
    16. Sjlou - 26th March 2014 ?
    17. LushLifesaver - 28th March 2014 :female:
    18. Lulu75 - 29th March 2014 ?
    19. Con1888 - 29th March 2014 ?
    20. Hannah27 - 29th March 2014 :female:
    21. Eiteews - 5th April 2014 :male:
    22. polka_dots - 7th April 2014 :male:
    23. faith2009uk - 8th April 2014 :female:
    24. playtime8978 - 9th April 2014 :female:
    25. Luella-14 - 10th April 2014 :male::female:
    26. Twigpig - 14th April 2014 ?
    27. Debs0778 - 17th April 2014 ?
    28. McRach - 20th April 2014 ?
    29. mancbird - 20th April 2014 ?
    30. Sexki11en - 5th May 2014 :female:
    31. jen_1985_04 - 8th May 2014 ?
    32. marywooyeah - 14th May 2014 :female:
    33. VickyVics - 14th May 2014 :female:
    34. 1DayATT - 17th May 2014 ?
    35. Samtoby -18th May 2014 :female:
    36. chelseablue - 21st May 2014 :male:
    37. becsxxx - 25th May 2014 ?
    38. mysecretalias - 25th May 2014 :female:
    39. stsarina - 25th May 2014 :female:
    40. vseviour - 26th May 2014 :male:
    41. cllola - 29th May 2014 :female:
    42. mrshappy - 30th May 2014 :female:
    43. sophiasmum - 30th May 2014 ?
    44. carmilla - 2nd June 2014 :male:
    45. sunshine81 - 15th June 2014 :male:
    46. moonbabe58 - 20th June 2014 ?
    47. Faith2009uk - 23rd June 2014 ?
    48. TigerLilley1980 - 21st July 2014 ?
    Hospital Bag List here

Supplement List and Dosage here

BIRTH LIST - Within the last month

:male:TeamLowe - 11th January 2014 19:26 Thomas Andrew 6lbs 9oz
    :female:kerri_dfw - 11th January 2014 21:47 Isabella Antoinette
    :female:nickit1978 - 13th January 2014 16:27 Paige Georgia 8lbs 5oz
    :male:firefly369 - 15th January 2014 2.87kg
    :male:bigzippy - 18th January 2014 9lbs
    :female:mincepiemonster - 24th January 2014 20:32 8lbs 4oz
    :female:durham_girl - 24th January 2014 - Hallie Lauren, 6lb 11oz
    :female:Bambisbelle - 26th January 2014 - Ellie Shannon, 6lb 1oz
    :male: Mrs Bunny - 27th January 2014 - Charlie Paul, 7lb 11oz
    :female: jemb - 29th January 2014 - Imogen Louisa 5.48am
    :male: Faerie - 3rd February 2014 - Jasper Logan just before 11am
    8lb 5oz
    :male: Fran-o - 28th January 2014 -Ewan Lucas 8lb 5oz
    :male: Jenni_fer - 5th February 2014 Alexander
    :male: 9ja4life - 7th February 2014 - Ethan 3.09pm

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON LIST

Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)

lippy1923 - 22nd December 2013 :male:

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • Sorry my baby brain read the message like it was the landlord messing you about but see now it's the letting agency! Definitely agree you should speak with landlord direct. Hope you can sort something out!! X
  • cllola
    cllola Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the replies everyone, your advice is very much appreciated. We have managed to get the landlords details and have phoned them to set up a meeting so we will just have to see what comes of that. It's just so frustrating because we are looking to buy in the next year and the extra expenses of moving and also an extra address on the credit file isn't going to help that! :mad:

The letting agent (v small company - just him I think) is just a nasty piece of work I think, the landlords are out of the country for most of the year so I would imagine he thinks he can get away with all sorts.

Anyway thanks again for the replies, I just can't wait until we own our own property, I would anywhere right now as long as we knew we couldn't be kicked out with a couple of months notice lol!

Nothing pregnancy related to add except I've managed to get an on site car parking space now I'm 25 weeks so no more driving half way and bussing the other half into the city to get to work! It's going to cost me a bit more in petrol though!! :j

Hope everyone is well and the bumps are behaving themselves!
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What happens at the 34 week midwife appt? The receptionist said it was a double one when I booked it, I know they do more bloods, from my notes it looks like they may discuss your plans about breast feeding, safe sleeping, support, that type of thing? And possibly birth plan?
  • claire16c wrote: »
    What happens at the 34 week midwife appt? The receptionist said it was a double one when I booked it, I know they do more bloods, from my notes it looks like they may discuss your plans about breast feeding, safe sleeping, support, that type of thing? And possibly birth plan?
    I had mine today and it was just BP and urine plus if I'd wanted they would've listened in to the heart and felt for position of the baby. I think it depends on your trust and on the MW.
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had mine today and it was just BP and urine plus if I'd wanted they would've listened in to the heart and felt for position of the baby. I think it depends on your trust and on the MW.

Thanks.

My midwife always listens to the heart beat, so do the drs but so far only drs have felt the position - and I think they've both been wrong..

So will see if she does it tomorrow, I know before she didn't as she thought it was a bit pointless doing it any earlier but last time I saw her was 28 weeks as gp did 31 week one.
  • I have my 34 week appointment next week and the mw has said it will be used to 'introduce' birth plan stuff and discuss bits like that so it may be the same in your area? The one after we have to take a birth plan to for her to read it and go over it with us.

Sorry to hear about the letting agent clolla- he sounds horrid!

Nothing much new here, very tired and low work related motivated today. Manager seems to still be passing stone to me telling me to reduce my workload (grrr!) And the more I sit the girl who will be covering me 2 days a week whilst I'm off the less I want to and the less I want name going to anything to do with the procedures I've set up. Its little things but they are important in my role - grammar, spelling, telephone manner, self motivation...she seems lack in all of them. I was so frustrated today - I left early for an appt but she knew I had set certain tasks out for her in my desk so could have got in (she starts an hr before me) and got straight on with stuff but when i got in she was sat on 5pTwitter/instagram doing not much! Bah.

Ah well, tomorrow marks the half way point of another week. Just 4.5 to go...unless I Chang emy mind and finish earlier (unlikely though) haha
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family