Old Bardlays Pension....

My wife worked for Barclays for approx 5 years during the 90s and had a pension with them, the pension would still be in her maiden name but she has no details,

Does anyone know where she should start with regards to finding out how much it is worth etc>

Is it simply a case of contacting Barclays? I assume they'd need a copy of the marriage certificate?
TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    http://www.msbrc.co.uk/section833629_341392.html

Contact Willis Towers Watson.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    First off, for the most help edit your thread name.

Second, Barclays had 2 pension schemes. One was DB/Final salary, the other was a DC money purchase.

So which did she have? She can call Barclays pensions to find out, she can also access the pension informationn online if the DC one.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,394 Forumite
    So which did she have?

OP says
    My wife worked for Barclays for approx 5 years during the 90s and had a pension with them,

The final salary scheme was offered until 1997 (closing to fresh accrual around five years ago) - if she worked there for five years during the decade then she's almost certainly DB.
  • GSP
    GSP Posts: 887 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If it is a db pension, I would strongly suggest using the WTW site to calculate a CETV figure. There is no charge for this. You can run whenever you like and the figure is good for 3 months.
    I would guesstimate if you took the db pension it would be something like £2k p.a. The CETV figure could be around £100k.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure