Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    esmy wrote: »
    Bubbs go find half a pound of butter/marg, whatever you've got - that's what you've lost!

What a great way of looking at it ! I'll remember that for the future.

As Tesco say.... every little helps :)

congratulations to bubbs, beanie, lush and mary on your losses
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Some good losses again this week. Well done to all.

Today's plan:

B - scrambled eggs on toast
    L - butternut squash, sweet potato & red pepper soup (the potato was to thicken it up as I put too much stock in!)
    D - sea bass; boiled potatoes; peas; there's a lemon, thyme & black pepper butter with it but not sure whether I'll use it or not. If I do I'll use the syn calculator to work out how many syns

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - lemon, thyme & black pepper butter (maybe); gin:D

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great loss mary h :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well done Lush and Mary Hinge, great losses there. Hope hospital goes OK Kathryn.

Happy to report 1lb off this week despite yesterdays fail. My best loss in a while so got to keep it up now!

Todays menu as follows:
    B Alpen light and banana
    L 4 crispbreads with 2 light cheese triangles, apple (unexpectedly working so just had to grab something at 6.30)
    D Sausage mash and veg with onion gravy, yoghurt

Tomorrow
    B Bran flakes yog and fruit
    L Don't know yet as lunch out - will do my best!
    D TBC

Have a good weekend all.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Thanks guys :D

I made a veggie soup and had some cheese and ham sticks to dunk in for lunch

I've decided against the roast dinner, the chicken is roasting but I will strip it for salads and sandwiches and general snacking.... Dinner tonight is chicken jelfrezi and it tastes amazing! It's of the SW website but I added some extra chillies and the last of the "seen better days" mushrooms that needed using up! will have it with boiled rice, and salad shredded up small with maybe some mango chutney. Mr H will have a naan bread but I've had 5 syns already today so I probably wont fit one in!

meal planning at its best :rotfl: ignored it!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Hope hospital goes OK Kathryn.

It was just drug and blood appointments. Now on some drugs that are given by IV every week, and my blood levels needed topping up, which is pretty much weekly too.

Syns today....oops :(:cry:
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Fab loss Beanie! Bubbs go find half a pound of butter/marg, whatever you've got - that's what you've lost! I'm a slow loser whatever I do but any loss is all in the right direction. That being said, I do get your disappointment.

Today was fine till this evening when plans went a bit awry and I've had a carb overload..wouldn't be surprised if a migraine is on the horizon as I have a host of weirdy symptoms beforehand including constant yawning, acute hearing, numb patches on my face and carb craving. All just in time for weigh in tomorrow...hey ho. Back tomorrow with the damage!
    I know, i know but if i was naughty i could understand it but 1/2 lb in 2 weeks?
    almost ecstatic to report a 2.5lb loss for me this week :)
    :T:T:T well done:D
    maman wrote: »
    Great losses beanie and lush . I'm absolutely thrilled for you both!:T:T:T

I've probably asked before but how much more do you want to lose bubbs ? I'm sure you know the plan inside out but I will look carefully at your menus just in case. Haven't you had any tea tonight? ;)

It's great how many syns you can save with gin denise . I know I'll be having a fair bit of wine at Christmas events but will try to substitute with gin whenever possible.

I'm out for a 3 course meal tomorrow lunchtime. It's a fancy place so the portions are small but I haven't seen a menu yet.

Hope your sleep did you good MrsR .:)

11 1/2lb now, yes i did have tea but was too peeded off last night to post it!!
    May post later, need to finish what i am doing just sat down for 5 mins after tea
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    kathrynha wrote: »
    It was just drug and blood appointments. Now on some drugs that are given by IV every week, and my blood levels needed topping up, which is pretty much weekly too.

Syns today....oops :(:cry:

Try not to worry to much about syns.
    Your health is more important.
    Although I know it must be frustrating.
    Take care of you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    Weigh in yesterday -2lbs :j I was give a book about sw and pregnancy with all the extra He'S I can have.

Hoping today will look like:

Breakfast: 2 wm toast (hb+2 syns) 2 poached eggs, 1/2 tin tomatoes, 1/2 tin of beans

Dinner: roast chicken with veggies, spuds yorkie puds (4) and gravy (2)

tired today, feel like I need a nap!

Hope everyone is well, hugs for all that need them!

Mrs h x

Well done:T:T
    SSM how do you know if you have lost if you cant remember what you weighed:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Well done Lush and Mary Hinge, great losses there. Hope hospital goes OK Kathryn.

Happy to report 1lb off this week despite yesterdays fail. My best loss in a while so got to keep it up now!

Todays menu as follows:
    B Alpen light and banana
    L 4 crispbreads with 2 light cheese triangles, apple (unexpectedly working so just had to grab something at 6.30)
    D Sausage mash and veg with onion gravy, yoghurt

Tomorrow
    B Bran flakes yog and fruit
    L Don't know yet as lunch out - will do my best!
    D TBC

Have a good weekend all.
    :T:T:T:T well done
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure