I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• So I had to stay in today as I was expecting various important deliveries to my home . The important stuff being a new iMac and a rather large and fragile box set of stuff of Metallica .
    They came along with the book and speakers for the iMac .
    iMac was the last thing to arrive . While I was watching the chase .

I decided to start unboxing and setting everything up . Then ... internet ceases to work . This entailed me contacting Vodafone . It also entailed unscrewing the phone socket , resetting and talking to a nice Geordie lass with a strong accent . Frequently listening to the worst version of I love you baby that I have ever heard. In the end after 75 mind or so , an engineer will be coming to see me. I’m awaiting a text to say when . I’ve been given 40gb to play with on my phone until it is sorted . So I cannot use the iMac. I couldn’t shut it down as it is stuck on the language section. Not the kind of language I was using . So , I’ll listen to radio in bed soon . Can’t watch you tube or now tv at the moment . Once I saw celebrity bungle I turned tv off.
    I want to go out tomorrow , but am waiting to see what the message is when I get it .
  • ahh you treated yourself AC, what one did you go for in the end? My daughter is looking at them but the cheapest, even with her student discount is £949 so she's waiting to save a bit more up!:eek:
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 November 2017 at 11:39PM
    Hi Anna
    Black Friday was when it was purchased . Not too many bargains tbh as I wanted more ram . So ended up buying the cheapest one from a apple with 16 g b . Went a little mad as I’ve been struggling so much with the other one. Got Magic Mouse and trackpad . As it was Black Friday I now have a £150 gift card from Apple . I was gonna go with John Lewis because of the 3 year guarantee etc but their machines are slightly older and no 16 g b models were available to order.

My broadband and phone line are down . No text from Vodafone as yet . Maybe they could do the job from outside .

Loving this weather . Managed to go to the gym for a session on my own. Tomorrow I’m expecting a dehumidifier to be delivered. Could be sat .

I noticed the mail isn’t on the floor for the last couple of days . The [Removed] upstairs has a few envelopes lying on the window ledge with the prveviois persons name . I will put them in the post box tomorrow return to sender etc . I won’t put useless cow on the envelopes though. If my envelopes end up on the floor again I have a few junk mail flyers and will hide their mail in it they start their antics again.
    We’ll see.

Just waiting for broadband to be fixed .
    I’m liking that room a lot more than I did . Moving the sideboard into the bedroom made a big difference . I’ve ordered a special stool which is 50/ 50 if it’s been discontinued . It looks like a bass amp , but lifting the seat up means I can store all effects pedals / leads etc
    It will be very handy if I get it . Apparently there is now a Version where there is a speaker is built into the stool, but there is no storage facility . I don’t want that one . Plus it’s about £50 more.
    We’ll see.
    Just need to get wireless printer/ scanner and that’s it .
  • ooh £150 to spend in Apple - are there any more accessories you need?

Really sounds like you're getting on. In terms of the flat and the gym etc. I'm so pleased for you AC :)
    x
  • Thanks Anna:)
    I’ll probably end up spending that on iTunes .
    Thanks for the kind words . It was on 30th nov last year when I first moved into the rented flat around the corner . Never thought I could say something like that :) Strange really how things worked out so far
    Obviously the more daunting tasks are ahead of me next year .
    I don’t want to dwell too much on that at the moment , as I’m in a good mood .
    Everything went so fast and things seemed to fit in place in the first six months or so . Things slowed down since July . That is the month that I joined the gym ( starting very feebly , it has to be said). This time last year I was breathless even walking to the shops , or seeing my friend up the road . No more . I think I’ve chosen the personal trainer at the right time . I’ve slowly got ( and am getting ) my strength and stamina back . There’s still a way to go , and it will be some time before I’m right for employment . One thing I did notice this morning , was the amount of pyrodistigamine ( bromide ) I have unused . I thought it was a steroid , but it isn’t . It’s quite an expensive and awkward prescription apparently . It acts as a muscle booster for the eye and ( not 100% sure) the muscles for swallowing and speech . When I was first given it , I could take anything up to 8 tablets a day . Now however , I tend to have one a day , maybe 2-3 if I’m out late in the evening or very tired in company.
    When I saw my friend 2 weeks ago, he said the eye looks great .He says he has seen major improvement . All good . It seems like like a long period of rest was exactly what was and still is needed . Longer than the six months I initially thought would be enough.

It seems like the real problem I have in my flat now is finding where to put all these boxes. No need to comment on that :)
  • anna_1977 wrote: »
    ooh £150 to spend in Apple - are there any more accessories you need?

Really sounds like you're getting on. In terms of the flat and the gym etc. I'm so pleased for you AC :)
    x

Thanks Anna :)
    Forgot to ask how are you getting on . Creditors etc?
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    AC I can't believe its a year since you moved! How quickly time flies. That's great that you can see some real improvements in your heath. Are you spending Christmas in your new flat?
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • AC I can't believe its a year since you moved! How quickly time flies. That's great that you can see some real improvements in your heath. Are you spending Christmas in your new flat?

Thanks mrs. P:)

It looks like I’ll be doing the same as last year and visiting my friend and his family for Christmas dinner. I’ll get the usual invitations from the family . Sisters and brothers at various addresses etc.
    Tbh I tend not to think of it until nearer the time . I’m in a slightly different situation this year as my neighbours have children and a bawling baby so it’s best to be away for a few hours anyway .
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sounds lovely AC.

DS is travelling in Thailand as we speak (sooooo jealous). Anyway as we'll be on our own DH and I are going to a hotel for Christmas ( 3 nights) - not really moneysaving - but to be honest with you, I just can't wait :) It will make a great change not to have to worry about pleasing anyone but ourselves and no cooking or washing up.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • Sounds lovely AC.

DS is travelling in Thailand as we speak (sooooo jealous). Anyway as we'll be on our own DH and I are going to a hotel for Christmas ( 3 nights) - not really moneysaving - but to be honest with you, I just can't wait :) It will make a great change not to have to worry about pleasing anyone but ourselves and no cooking or washing up.

That sounds great . You have to put yourself first at Christmas :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure