What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 06/03

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    angelpye wrote: »
    Bob, they had the full riot act read when they tried to tell me 'boys just get a little bit overexcited at this age' nonsense. I explained clearly that I am not raising my daughter to except any form of mistreatment and the fact that he is a boy does not mean he gets away with it for being overexcited??!! I think because it was boys it made me more assertive and the teachers response enraged me (although outwardly I stayed calm but firm). Luckily DD's dad is totally proactive so I am not on my own with it and we will be meeting with the teacher again very soon.

That was a brilliant response Angel. Very assertive indeed. I'm glad you had support too but sounds like you were very good on your own terms.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Thanks angelpye. If you'd have told me two years ago that I would be a weightlifting gym-bunny I would have laughed in your face! I can't believe the difference it's made to me though :)

For those with littlies who are struggling at school...

As a person who was a very sensitive child and was bullied very badly for years (to the point that I used to feign illness to get out of going) and got to a very dark place in lots of ways...
    You are all doing a fab job, and your children will appreciate and remember your support.
    Angelpye - what you said about showing your dd that it's not ok, and that she doesn't have to accept that treatment from people is so important. I wish that someone had told me that. When I was small, the party line was "kids are mean, you'll just have to ignore it".
    You are all raising amazing people who will be strong and know their worth :)

Sorry to hear things were so bad for you Carrie. And thank you for the wise words.

• Bobarella
    Ha ha Foxfloves glad it works for you!

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :)
    Shattered.com :( Didn't sleep at all well, and had little GD all day - and she was in a particularly demanding mood as she is poorly with yet another cold :(

Anyway, small things:
    No heating, about to ask OH to light the wood stove though, as it is chilly now!
    Dog walk for free exercise
    More exercise walking into town with GD
    Free cake from DD this morning :D
    Surveys for onepoll and ipsos
    RM surveys tasks
    Claimed a £10 Amazon gift card from ipsos :D
    HM meals from stores

Not very exciting, hoping to be less tired tomorrow!
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    Sorry to hear things were so bad for you Carrie. And thank you for the wise words.

It's ok, I came out of it well after I moved away to uni :)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks angelpye. If you'd have told me two years ago that I would be a weightlifting gym-bunny I would have laughed in your face! I can't believe the difference it's made to me though :)

For those with littlies who are struggling at school...

As a person who was a very sensitive child and was bullied very badly for years (to the point that I used to feign illness to get out of going) and got to a very dark place in lots of ways...
    You are all doing a fab job, and your children will appreciate and remember your support.
    Angelpye - what you said about showing your dd that it's not ok, and that she doesn't have to accept that treatment from people is so important. I wish that someone had told me that. When I was small, the party line was "kids are mean, you'll just have to ignore it".
    You are all raising amazing people who will be strong and know their worth :)

Thank you for sharing Carrie, sounds like such an awful time for you.

I don't think I will ever be a weightlifting gym bunny! :D
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • angelpye
    Foxgloves, the chunky spicy chickpea burgers sound lovely! Inspired to try find a recipe. Do you cook from frozen or defrost first?
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    EF £0/£4200
  • angelpye
    Evening all,

I am just waiting for my dinner - late due to DD's club and she eats a car picnic on the way. By the time we get back there isn't always the time to feed myself before she goes to bed. I am starving but determined not to pick so distracting myself on here. I have lost 3lbs over the last month and although I am not a dieter or particularly overweight I could do with loosing another 9... the clothes I fit into are rather tight and then there's the ones I can't really wear but love. A few pounds will make them fit ok and a few more will make them look lovely. All this MSing on my shopping bill is helping cos you can't pick if there is nothing to pick at! :D

Today was a good day at Pye towers and looking forward to a nice quiet evening of chilling - might see if any fils on BBCiPlayer worth a watch.

Have a good evening all!
    EF £0/£4200
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Good Morning All

Yesterday was a busy day afterall, I managed to get majority of lounge reinstated before DH got home (my health is really improving). Today's little list

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Collect freebie at Morrisons from COS - Done
    Upload recipt to COS - Done
    Collect new base unit for kitchen & make up -
    Clean slate hearth and oil - Done
    Investigate getting doors refitted now carpets/vinyl fitted - Done
    Tea at mums new flat - Done, also did a few little jobs too
    Continue purge on emails - Done
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps - Done a few
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL - Done
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x

Not a bad day, also managed to list a few bits on freegle, strip and remake our bed and load washer for tomorrow.

Night all x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I got up early this morning to take back the trousers I bought for the job I didn't start, as I was waiting outside for them to open I got a call from the other branch (the one I thought I was applying to in the first place) asking if I was still interested in a job I applied for there. I explained that I've just taken a six week booking but will be looking again afterwards and he didn't seem to think that was a problem and has put my application on hold for a bit.

I bought lunch today, my usual soup is playing havoc with my bad tooth. I decided on a pack of sausage rolls so I have enough left for tomorrow and Friday too.

Dinner tonight was pretend N@ndos for the teens and I had a jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw. I'm not eating much at the moment but am totally craving orange juice, there will be no colds here!

I did a bit of jiggery pokery tonight with bank accounts and printed out the label for my eBay package and dropped it to the shop who I've just realised stay open late which is better that trying to do it in the morning.

I did a small shop at the mid sized Mr T for snacks for the teens for the next couple of days and the £4 Easter eggs I bought two of on Saturday are now half price :mad: I'm going to go through my purse to try to find the receipt because I am SO taking them back for a refund and re buying! I did manage to get 27 wombled clubcard points added though :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure