It's time for a money diet...

Comments

• Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 December 2016 at 12:29PM
    Friday 30th December

So, payday has arrived. Money is in both the joint and savings account.

It's quite funny that the moment I start work again the tiredness creeps back in. Oh well, one day left and then next week is a 4 day week. I've also got a week booked off on the 16th so I'm looking forward to that.

I've not managed a NSD today though - spent £3.10 at cafe Nero for Friday latte.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Saturday 31st December 2016
    So, it's the last day of this year. I must admit, this year has been full but f ups and downs. I changed job this year, went away for a few days to Wales and ended up engaged. Have started to organise the wedding.

It's also been a year where my grandads health has deteriorated, lots of hospital trips to visit him when he had his amputation.

I fully plan on 2017 being the most fabulous year though. I'm looking forward to it!

Plan for a January

15 non spend days (NSD)
    Food/toiletries/dog food budget of £300 but will try and keep this at £270 - at least then I have a buffer if I go over.
    Lose 4 lbs of weight.
    Hit 10,000 steps a day.
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Okay, so today we've done a food shop. It should last us a while to be honest, and we've topped up on household items too that shouldn't need replacing for a while. We have, however, spent a fair amount of that budget already!!

Home Bargins - £15.23
    Aldi - £25.36
    Asda - £48.69

Total = £89.28/£300

The Asda bill is high as there was very little food in Aldi to buy! It's usually the other way around.

This should last a good while though :)
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Lauralozzle
    edited 1 January 2017 at 8:05PM
    Monday 1st January 2017

So, I've just made an overpayment on the credit card. It is now sitting at £94.90 and I'm still waiting for direct debit to go out too. It should be sitting at about £70 by the time direct debit is out.

My new Noddle report is through - I don't pay much notice towards it but it does help me know how my debts are looking. Particularly what's remaining on some of them, for example, my car loan. So, here we go. Car finance is now at £10,113. This is still pretty high but I like to see it go down, however long that may take! And down it has gone (slowly).

Today has been a NSD which I think is a fantastic way to start the year. Start as you mean to go on! I don't think tomorrow will be a NSD but I'm hoping Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be!
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Monday 2nd January 2017

Meal plan sorted for the week.

Monday - Quorn Chilli con-carne with rice, cheese and soured cream
    Tuesday - Spaghetti Carbonara
    Wednesday - Southern fried chicken, chips and beans
    Thursday - Sausage and mashed potatoes
    Friday - Fish with saut!ed potatoes and vegetables
    Saturday - Tuna pasta bake
    Sunday - Sunday dinner in some capacity or other.

Some days might swap but this is what we have in for the week.
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Hey!

Your meal plan sounds good. Do you make the southern fried chicken yourself? We went out for a meal last week and I had buttermilk chicken- I've never heard of it before, it was so good. I am going to try and find a recipe for it.

The plan for January seems good, small achievable steps. I too am aiming for as many NSD as possible each week.

Have you any wedding plans coming together now or anything booked?

Hope you have a nice day. I've subscribed to your thread.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Lauralozzle
    edited 2 January 2017 at 8:20PM
    Hey Chandelier - I don't make the southern fried chicken myself - I've got some birds eye ones in the freezer but I do sometimes make a KFC style chicken and marinate the chicken in buttermilk. Not done that for a long time though!!

Wedding plans are coming together. The venue, photographer and registrar is all booked. Bridesmaid dress shopping is happening on 28th as one of my bridesmaids is off to Australia in a Feb for 6 months so I've got to get them sorted!

I'm happy to report another NSD today. So that now 2/15. My mum came over today which was nice - lots of wedding talk, it was good.

A consequence of that is I've not nearly hit my 10,000 steps today but I'm back at work tomorrow (boo!) and I usually hit a lot more steps when I'm at work.

Just going to have a nice relaxing tonight - the chilli is bubbling away nicely.
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Tuesday 3rd January 2017

So, yesterday was a NSD - today hasn't been though.

I've spent £6.52 in Tesco (this has come from my personal budget as it was stuff for work). We've also popped into Asda to get some rolls so I'm waiting for the receipt for those! When Tom gives it me I'll add it all up! :)

Planning for Wednesday/Thursday to be NSD!! :D
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Saturday 7th January 2017

Not updated in a few days - it's been work, eat sleep. It takes me a while to readjust after a few days off.

So, I managed a NSD on Wednesday and I'm hoping for one today. I managed pretty well out of my personal budget, that came to £12.92 as I had to buy lunch on Thursday because Tom had forgotten to make lunch.
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Sunday 8th January

I'm happy to report another NSD so I'm now at 5/15. Very happy with that.

I've had a lovely day today, went for a long nice walk at the park today. It was the perfect weather for a nice walk - not too cold and dry. I've hit my 10,000 steps goal today which can only be a good thing.

This weekend has gone very quickly - in the ideal world I'd work part time!!!

Still, last week st work before my week off. Tom has had a start date now for the new job - week commencing 16th January so this next week will be his last in his current role. We won't see the pay rise until February pay day though.
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family