Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• leespot
    leespot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    I'd have started proceedings last year given their track record. Sadly I don't have the time to carry out my own claim, but passed it to a NWNF company instead. Best of luck!
  • jenn1ewest1
    Options
    Just thought I would post this link in case anyone wondering where the courts are up to regarding the huzar appeal
    http://casetracker.justice.gov.uk/listing_calendar/getDetail.do?case_id=20133277
  • kirstbaldwin87
    Options
    Hi all, can anyone help me? It's a long shot but my flight was delayed for around 6 hours, from Gatwick to Bourgas on 20th June 2008. Only trouble is it was with first choice airlines which have now amalgamated with Thomson, and flightstats aren't saying the flight was delayed and I KNOW it was. Can only find a bank statement that says we made a payment to 'First choice airlines' in March 2008, no other proof I was on that flight, am I fighting a losing battle? Is there anywhere else I could look? I would really appreciate any help in this matter! Thanks in advance!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would really appreciate any help in this matter! Thanks in advance!

Please post on Thomson thread but read through first.
  • kirstbaldwin87
    Options
    Hi all, can anyone help me? It's a long shot but my flight was delayed for around 6 hours, from Gatwick to Bourgas on 20th June 2008. Only trouble is it was with first choice airlines which have now amalgamated with Thomson, and I have no idea on flight number or time because of this. I can only find a bank statement that says we made a payment to 'First choice airlines' in March 2008, no other proof I was on that flight, and strangley no booking confirmation via email. Am I fighting a losing battle? Is there anywhere else I could look? Also who would I write to with a claim, First Choice or Thomson? I can find evidence of one possible flight that day on flight stats but no evidence it was delayed and I KNOW it was! Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, or this has already been queried - I didn't have time to read 208 pages on this thread! Apologies for all the questions but I would really really appreciate any help in this matter, I have been researching for weeks now to try and investigate a possible claim and this is my last port of call! Thanks in advance!
  • razorsedge
    Options
    Hi all, can anyone help me? It's a long shot but my flight was delayed for around 6 hours, from Gatwick to Bourgas on 20th June 2008. Only trouble is it was with first choice airlines which have now amalgamated with Thomson, and I have no idea on flight number or time because of this. I can only find a bank statement that says we made a payment to 'First choice airlines' in March 2008, no other proof I was on that flight, and strangley no booking confirmation via email. Am I fighting a losing battle? Is there anywhere else I could look? Also who would I write to with a claim, First Choice or Thomson? I can find evidence of one possible flight that day on flight stats but no evidence it was delayed and I KNOW it was! Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, or this has already been queried - I didn't have time to read 208 pages on this thread! Apologies for all the questions but I would really really appreciate any help in this matter, I have been researching for weeks now to try and investigate a possible claim and this is my last port of call! Thanks in advance!

Firt of all, Thomson now deal with all historic First Choice flights, so no need to worry there, you can still make a claim by writing to Thomson. (Well I say 'no need to worry', but Thomson are showing themselves to be very awkward, particularly with flights from more than two years ago.)

You could just try asking Thomson for your booking reference, they may still have it. Alternatively, an SAR (Subject Access Request) would reveal all the details they have about you on file.

If you have found a flight from LGW to BOJ on Flightstats for 20/06/08 did it give you a flight number? You may well have been on a Thomson flight number even if on a First Choice branded aircraft.

It would be worth reading a few of these 208 pages, especially the FAQ's on page 1 if not already read. Use the forum search facility if after some specific information.

Of course, any claim for compensation will depend on the reason for delay. Can you remember why? Airlines are allowed to say 'no' to claims if there are extraordinary circumstances. However, airlines like Thomson tend to say no regardless of the reason for delay.
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • kirstbaldwin87
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your reply. They never actually gave us a reason why, and since we were young and ignorant at the time we never thought to ask! There were two flights recorded on flight stats going out there that day, I believe we were on the later one which now has a flight number of DP812 (I think it was FCA812 at the time, as my luggage tag from the return flight says FCA813) but since FCA no longer exists, nor do any records online for this flight. I have tried going through FC but they don't hold any records, will try Thomson tomorrow. How do I make a subject access request, do I just talk directly to Thomson and ask for one?! Apologies for my ignorance, this is all new to me!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    I was delayed 9 hours in September Man to Peurto plata but no longer have any info from first choice.
    Does anybody know how to get flight details etc from Thomson/First Choice
    thanks

Please post on Thomson thread after you have read the numerous similar posts to yours.
  • merry_miller
    Options
    Am I right in thinking it's pointless in me applying for compensation at the moment (as it was over two years ago.) until Thomson's appeal over the 2 year limit is heard in May ?
    2012 wins
  • Kimbo999
    Options
    Any advise would be nice please
    Thomson has advise that the flight was delayed due to a technical defect being detected. The aircraft is unable to be legally dispatched with this defect. Therefore the cause of the delay sits under Extraordinary Circumstances as the technical issue with the aircraft was not due to poor maintenance and is not something that could have been foreseen
    Do anyone believe I can ask Thomson to reopen this case?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback