IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

McDonald's & MET - almost a month later

Comments

• cinereus
    cinereus Posts: 2,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just sent an email to BPA and went through the CoP:
    Code of practice 4:
    Any organisation or person applying for BPA or AOS membership must: • agree to follow the decisions of POPLA, the independent appeals service.

In this case, POPLA said that a new code should be issued and MET have refused.
    22.12.1 Within all Appeal Rejection Letters, and in order to comply with the EU ADR Directive, the following wording should be used;
    • You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure. [Insert standard operator text to appeal to POPLA, including 28 day time limit for doing so, the POPLA verification code and the POPLA website address]

Nada.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2016 at 6:34PM
    You will get nowhere now, you missed the POPLA deadline so go back to pre-POPLA old rules and just ignore the letters from now on. MET do not sue people, but if you did get court papers, come back and we will help (defendable, similar to that POPLA appeal).

Yes, ignore them, no contact, nothing.

Please join our campaign of complaint about this industry's conduct to the Government:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

In your case I would wait for the BPA to fob you off, then use that pathetic email to complain about THEM as well to Mrs May and your MP, pointing out that the BPA are an old boys' club who are at pains to tell consumers that they are 'not a regulator' but they appear to relish the way Parliament assumes they are.

The BPA and (considered even worse) the IPC use their apparent 'status' to lobby for their grubby members' interests alone. Parliament lap up everything the BPA says and swallowed hook, line and sinker some utter bilge when the BPA lobbied to get 'keeper liability' into the POFA 2012 (Schedule 4 being an insult to consumers and a widely-considered 'scammers rights' piece of legislation). compare Parliament's cluelessness with the informed and victimised British public, who know that there is evidence that the entire industry is rotten. Read and show your MP and Mrs May/Mr Corbyn, the Plain Language Commission's article on a BPA member's antics at a Derbyshire Hospital:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/plcdev/app/public/system/pdf_files/files/000/000/191/original/QueensHospitalEd1copy.pdf

That contains this:
    Quote:
    "The BPA does little to curb its members excesses. Its previous investigations into similar concerns have tended to produce reports that exonerate the parking firms. As a private company the BPA is held accountable only to its members. given its Hypocrisy about 'raising standards', its pious annual adoption of a 'presidents charity' which it urges members to support ( using money taken from drivers ) and the way it seems to retain the trust of government ministers, the BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"

A Trade Body for ex-clampers and money-grabbers is no better than leaving a parking firm in charge (self regulation) which will never work. No wonder consumers get short shrift and are certainly not (BPA spiel coming up) 'at the heart of our thinking'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cinereus
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You will get nowhere now, you missed the POPLA deadline so go back to pre-POPLA old rules and just ignore the letters from now on. MET do not sue people, but if you did get court papers, come back and we will help (defendable, similar to that POPLA appeal).

Yes, ignore them, no contact, nothing.

Hang on so now it just gets left in limbo? Is there any hit to my credit rating or similar?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    In limbo for 6 years - the time available for MET to pursue you through the small claims court. They are not currently litigious, but neither were ParkingEye 3 years ago, now they are issuing 30,000 court cases per year.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_Parking_Services.html

Only 'hit' on your credit rating is if this goes to court, costs are awarded against you by the judge and you fail to pay by the due date.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    cinereus wrote: »
    Hang on so now it just gets left in limbo? Is there any hit to my credit rating or similar?
    No. This was always the case pre-POPLA, and the sky didn't fall in. It is also the case with any IPC firm, as there is no appeal worth trying with those (IAS being considered a kangaroo court by the great British public who have gone through that mill).

However some PPCs are litigious and the greed is getting out of control so they need a slap down from the Government sharpish!

Hence why you need to write to Mrs May, Mr Corbyn and your MP because the DCLG are currently considering how to reign in private parking firms. Focus their minds on what people are going through for years to escape 'credit clamping'!
  • cinereus
    cinereus wrote: »
    Thanks.

MET have now told me they do not send out new POPLA codes thereby leaving me with no means to appeal. POPLA adamantly refuse to accept appeals without a code and MET refuse to issue a valid code. What next apart from complain to the BPA? Just email my representations to POPLA?! I'm going to be out of the country for a few months so a court appearance would be very inconvenient.

lol, came back from a month away to find they sent another POPLA code after all!

Submitting now...
  • Coupon-mad
    Hang on, is it the same as before?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Same what? Code? Appeal wording?
  • Coupon-mad
    Appeal wording. It is a while back so I've forgotten! :)
  • cinereus
    Holy :mad::mad::mad:

Just received a 37 page dossier from MET! Is this normal?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure