The long haul supporters thread...

Comments

• Pinkwhisk
    Pinkwhisk Posts: 200 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    So our iva is finally sorted. Not sure how I feel about it. Very scared and daunted.
    SPC = 079
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,717 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thought I'd bump this up to help the people who are in it for the long haul
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • I'm still here in the long haul haha! I need to recalculate my signature at some point but either way it's going downwards and that's what matters ��
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • I'm in for the long haul, and don't think I have a number. Can I have one please.

Coming up to 2 years since lightbulb moment.
  • lucielle
    Hi Lazer I'm not sure who gives out the numbers but if you want to post in here we'll support you along the way.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • I think I am probably a long hauler too.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Pinkwhisk wrote: »
    So our iva is finally sorted. Not sure how I feel about it. Very scared and daunted.

You should really be pleased, you now have legal protection from your creditors for the duration of your arrangement.

It's not that bad in IVA land, as long as you have budgeted correctly, all should be fine.

Congratulations, apart from your yearly review, you won't know your in one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just looking back through this thread, the original poster hasn't been online since 2013, and it's only had a handful of posts in the last 12months.

So I'm unsure if this is still an active thread or not.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • lucielle
    Hi Sourcrates, if you feel its best to close the thread maybe it's time.
    L
  • lazer-zxr
    lazer-zxr Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 April 2017 at 10:38PM
    Just wanting to vent here a moment. At times this journey has been so tough going. Boring. Lack of motivation. Feeling of not getting anywhere. The light at the end of the tunnel seemed so far away. The sporadic enthusiasm gone.
    No more so than in the very middle of the debt free journey ...... and my fellow forumites advised to get my head down and get on with it. It worked. The enthusiasm eventually returned. But now..... probably 2 months away from the finishing line ...... I'm running on the fumes of enthusiasm ...... so near ..... yet so fed up with it...... and impatient. ......

....... anyway ....... venting over.

Oh .... and I like this thread, or the role it tried to play. Solidarity of long haul dfwb forumites. Getting stuck into our own journeys but knowing we're not alone, with a little mutual encouragement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure