She's been threatening to do it for some time

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Errata wrote: »
    Because eventually you find yourself knee deep in stuff in every room in the house and your need climbing gear to navigate your way around,

No, that's what happens when you don't put things away when you've finished with them and wont need them for a while. I meant things like leaving the dishes drying on a draining board overnight ready for breakfast instead of in a cupboard. Or notebooks on the desk instead of putting them in a drawer at night and taking them out and putting them straight back on the desk again in the morning.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mr Toad you have my sympathy.

My wife moved in with me after we were married six years ago and I haven't cooked a meal since.

I can't find anything to cook with.
  • scmp
    scmp Posts: 185 Forumite
    I think i've married a Womble...

Best line ever!!!!!
  • jacqszoo
    jacqszoo Posts: 10 Forumite
    This thread had me chuckling. I have just moved in with my boyfriend of 3 years, he would agree with everything you have said. I have de-cluttered, cleaned re-organised and decorated every room in the house. We have an agreement, the house is my domain, his "man caves" (yes plural) are his ie garage/sheds/workshops are his. One step at a time, I'll have those organised by next year lolol
    He complains constantly he can't find anything. Pah he couldnt find anything before, I've witnessed it on more than one occassion. At least now I can find whatever it is he can't !
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    jacqszoo wrote: »
    This thread had me chuckling. I have just moved in with my boyfriend of 3 years, he would agree with everything you have said. I have de-cluttered, cleaned re-organised and decorated every room in the house. We have an agreement, the house is my domain, his "man caves" (yes plural) are his ie garage/sheds/workshops are his. One step at a time, I'll have those organised by next year lolol
    He complains constantly he can't find anything. Pah he couldnt find anything before, I've witnessed it on more than one occassion. At least now I can find whatever it is he can't !

That's not you is it dearest? :eek:

You don't by any chance know where my favourite combats are do you? The ones with the ripped ar*e and oil stains only I couldn't find them this morning.

You haven't un-reoganised them have you?.......:(
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Whenever hubby can't find anything it's always because I've "put it somewhere" and never because he's a lazy slob who leaves things lying around.
  • lucyhope
    lucyhope Posts: 496 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    My DH collects stuff for Justin. I wish Mr Case would come and get his stuff, it's taking over the house and shed. (You know the man- justin case!)
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 28
    2018 total £1520
    2019 total £8995
  • Evil_Olive
    Evil_Olive Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2014 at 2:00PM
    Nothing wrong with that.

Said by the person whose mate informed her that the boyfriend is probably moving in on the quiet, as not only has he managed to acquire an office space of his own, there are now his guitars, pedals, input devices, music and assorted musical paraphernalia taking up vast amounts of space in the very small living room in addition to my own.

That made me laugh :D

My boyfriend did the same - one guitar & small practice amp, then two more guitars & large gigging amp, then laptop with Cubase Lite and input devices, then full studio computer with 'big' Cubase and giant mixing desk etc, over a period of about a year :D

I did ask him every now and again "Have you sort of moved in then?" The answer was always "Not yet... you'll know when..."

Then came the day when I arrived home to find the tiny and ancient 15" CRT telly from my lounge was now in the bedroom and had been replaced by the giant 50" flatscreen that had been in his [STRIKE]bedsit[/STRIKE], sorry 'Studio Flat' ;)
    He said "NOW I've moved in, you know a man has moved in when he brings his telly"
    ;)
    Don’t try to keep up with the Jones’s. They are broke!
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Update:

She's in the workshop at the bottom of the garden :eek::eek:

She's renovating an antique chair, replacing worn covers and fetching off the old wax so it can have a new coat.

She was doing it at home but asked if she could come and use the bench, tools etc. in the workshop.

All was going well until an hour ago when I was looking out of the window and saw her dragging the wheelie bin down the garden.

I daren't look, I know for a fact that a few bits of old cloth don't need the wheelie bin. I hope she's not throwing my hoard of treasure and useful things away.

Is nothing sacred?

And another thing. I noticed that the bike exhaust has disappeared from under the spare bed. I hesitate to ask where that's gone.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Mr_Toad wrote: »

Is nothing sacred?

No..........................:rotfl:
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure