We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

so........ the advents

Comments

• nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Is anyone else prepared for loads more tomorrow? I know of at least 5 who are starting tomorrow from last year due to hints on their pages! :D (as if there weren't enough already!) xxx
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • vanpopple
    vanpopple Posts: 1,287
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    How do you check pages visited vanpopple? I use FF and I'd be interested to learn

Ok goto the top of ff, 'history' -> SHOW ALL HISTORY..
    Then a page called 'library' pops up, on the left and at the top again is history, click that and it will bring up
    todays,yesterday, last 7 days, novemeber, october
    DOUBLE CLICK On one of those, and it will bring up a huge list of pages, at the bottom it will say how many pages youve visited..

Then if you want to look at each one, just click the history again in up on the left hand side of the library page it opened and repeat..

Hope you follow let me know how many pages youve been on..;)
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • I agree with vanpopple, it's all about being organised. I've spent November doing as many December ending comps as I can and now I've got more time to do advents. I've got them all bookmarked so I just work my way through the folders during the day also doing a search for comps ending the next couple of days for any I've missed.

I'm actually entering less a day in Dec than in Nov :rotfl:

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
  • liz545
    liz545 Posts: 1,726 Forumite
    I've got a total of 40 advents bookmarked so far, and managed to get them all done in half an hour before work this morning. Going to try and be organised and give it my best shot, in previous years I've just ignored them as it's too hard to get everything done! I only do end date comps though, not dailies (too much to remember!), so that helps. There are a couple of cycling/hiking ones that I'm really hoping to win, the rest would just be a nice surprise. GL everyone!
    2015 comp wins - £370.25
    Recent wins: gym class, baby stuff
    Thanks to everyone who posts freebies and comps! :j
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,368
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Feeling so much better today - Saturday (Day 1 of Advents) was manic as I was trying to sift through most of the Advents to decipher whether I wanted to enter them or not - anyway I now have a bookmarked list of the ones I do like the look of so I can just go straight to them daily! I feel much more organised now! I have also cut down on Facebook comps and dailies - I want to enjoy the run up to Christmas and not feel guilty about being away from the laptop.

Once the kids break up from school, I will have very little time to comp. I am pleased also that many of the advents are only 12 days so should finish by the 12th! Love the advents that require you to just click on the number then add your name and email!!! So quick!!!! hating and avoiding the Rafflecopter advents and those that require you to do this that and the other all for a Christmas paper hat!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • BlueBella wrote: »
    Once the kids break up from school, I will have very little time to comp. I am pleased also that many of the advents are only 12 days so should finish by the 12th! Love the advents that require you to just click on the number then add your name and email!!! So quick!!!! hating and avoiding the Rafflecopter advents and those that require you to do this that and the other all for a Christmas paper hat!

Agreed on the early ending ones!

I'm also avoiding the ones wanting you to jump through hoops and going for the easy ones en masse instead. Fingers crossed x

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
  • BlueBella
    Forumite
    Agreed on the early ending ones!

I'm also avoiding the ones wanting you to jump through hoops and going for the easy ones en masse instead. Fingers crossed x

Yes, and I hate the advents that are a mixture of offers - they waste precious time and also the comps with forms where Roboform won't work or 'he' fills them in all capoot! :eek:!

Yes, this weekend was a hectic one - as in between Advents, I was also decorating the house with the kids and trying to untangle the flaming Christmas tree lights! I'm sure there is a bogie man in our loft who tangles, ties knots in and unscrews bulbs in our lights each year! I always wind them up carefully and store them in a shoe box but they never come out like that when the next Advent arrives???? Then when I had untangled them, the dog and cat thought it would be great to have a nibble! :rotfl: By 9pm Sat night I was on wine bottle number 2!:beer:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • vanpopple
    vanpopple Posts: 1,287
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thats it saturday i think was a mental day for most,
    I spent 14 hours and pretty much entered everything i found, but then sunday i chucked out the ones that i didnt want, and dleted the offers ones.
    So now i think im down to around 70 what id call decent ones, but i do now have a few more comping friends on fb (first time all year) i decided that adding a few fellow compers could be a good idea, and it really has been because when i start each day and i come to my first fb comp i have a few notifications where these friends have sent requests etc and mostly theyve been comps ive not seen, so thats been awesome.
    Im contemplating requesting a few more, as now if i enter a comp and it says share with friends then i automatically send it to all of them and so far they have been doing the same. (so thats saving me lots of searching time)
    Im a couple of days in front on my normal comps, but usually do a day before bedtime (after midnight -3am or so) as i find the internet is so much quicker and i can do a whole days in those 3 hours.

And finally as purpleskull says im also entering less 'normal' comps than usual, but i think thats simply because there are more advents than standard comps with it being december,
    but looking at january there already seems to be quite a lot being posted, so could be a busy month.
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • ive got a nice little routine going now

some advents i do just after midnight and the rest (mainly facebook/twitter ones) i do when i get up the next day, ive even sorted my folders into 'advents' and 'morning advents' got about 50 in one and 48 in the other

ive taken a lot of them out if it looks like they are all offers or prizes i wouldnt want to win

so yeah enjoying the advents this year, won 3 things so so far so good :D
  • BlueBella
    Forumite
    ive got a nice little routine going now

some advents i do just after midnight and the rest (mainly facebook/twitter ones) i do when i get up the next day, ive even sorted my folders into 'advents' and 'morning advents' got about 50 in one and 48 in the other

ive taken a lot of them out if it looks like they are all offers or prizes i wouldnt want to win

so yeah enjoying the advents this year, won 3 things so so far so good :D

:rotfl: Great organised minds this alike! I have two lists too - one for early advents and the other for later advents - it is quicker and easier to get the advents entered that open from midnight then just have the ones that start later to do. I do this for Facebook too - as some companies don't post their advent comps til later in the day. I feel quite organised now :o The first few days of sorting the good from the bad and the earlies from the lates was tiring!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure