Planning for the Future

In the last month or so, I've:

1) Started a company pension, paying regularly into my SIPP
2) Started paying regularly into my SIPP, a Post Office savings account, and am buying Premium Bonds with any cash left over at the end of the month etc
3) Found previously lost Company Pensions and amended that investment to my Pensions portfolio which is all in share funds
4) Sold a house part-owned with an ex partner, and am waiting for courts to release my equity

I intend on using my full ISA entitlement this year & next year -so thats £20k allocated to shares/funds. I'll probably split this 50/50 between funds and a share portfolio. I fancy a flutter, so any hot tips?, any great investor forums etc on the web?

Readers of my previous posts & my signature will see that i'm in debt, which I intend on paying back with the equity. This leaves the rest in cash/liquid assets/rainy day fund. Any ideas on where I save this?
Debts at 02/02/20: c£225,000 inc CCs of <£1000 repaid in full monthly
Debts at 14/07/10: £278,091 inc £24k unenforceable and £16k consumer debt. But House no longer derelict!!!
LBM: 14/08/07; Debt at LBM: £287131 inc CCs: £37,202.55;

Comments

• I find a mild contradiction between, on the one hand, your title "Planning for the Future", and on the other hand the words 'flutter' 'hot tips' and 'Premium Bonds'. I don't think this forum is particularly designed for 'share dealing' but more for 'investing'. So I have no constructive comments.

However, your other question, I believe, is about ideas on where to "save" a sum of money that represents the difference between your equity, and your debts . I suspect that you know your own tax position, the amount of money involved, and what sort of access you need for the money. Using that information, I personally would go to one of several 'best buy' or comparison sites (including this one) and look at the best options that match your requirements. Other than that, I am not sure what you would expect anyone to contribute to the debate?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure