Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    • 29,663Posts
    • 45,205Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)
    • 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4) 24th Feb 10 at 1:25 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , and the third thread - Part 3 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 608
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 14th Aug 10, 8:51 AM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Great challenge which part of Wales are you from as my OH is Welsh think Tomsmum is in Wales as well.
    Originally posted by dragonllew
    I,m from South Wales ,a few miles from Caerphilly ,up the Rhymney valley.A little village called Cefn Hengoed.
    Hope everyones fine today,I,m feeling a bit more myself ,lol.
    XXX
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 14th Aug 10, 8:56 AM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    This sounds like the best one to me also!!!!

Congrats to the 2 winners - well done!!!
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn
    I agree that seems the best one ,
    • Marg
    • By Marg 14th Aug 10, 9:57 AM
    • 2,174 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Good morning!

Well done our latest winners!

Great news about your new job rainmac, it doesn't matter how or if you spend your wages it's the independence it brings that matters. OMG! that sounds very Womens Lib.

Artydoll - great challenge thanks flad your feeling a bit better.

I agree with the blinkie wording choice.
    • PepPop
    • By PepPop 14th Aug 10, 10:24 AM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 18,641 Thanks
    PepPop
    Yep that's fine, though you have to understand it will need an element to be able to be made in to a flashing blinkie, if you get my drift, so I don't know what you had in mind? Either flashing text would work, so the first part could say 'MSE Challenge Winner' and then it could flash to '#1 {or whatever} and I could even put their name on it so it can never be claimed by anyone else? OR it could just have a flashy border?
    Personally, I think the first option is better.
    Originally posted by Soulie
    Soulie Sorry I snipped you. Yeah I agree the first option would be better. I had a go at it last night but it was rubbish - so I'll have another go today. What about making the challenge text flash "Red and Green Challenge" (thanks Artydoll) and I like the idea of putting the persons name on it.

Rainmac - Congrats on your extra craft cash

I ordered my promarkers last night - thanks for the link Fifi. 15 and a blender pen for £16.50 (bargain) are hopefully winging their way to me as we speak.
  • pointofnoreturn
    Guess what, that's not how my OH thinks I could spend the £
    Originally posted by rainmac

You will have to be sneaky then!!!!
  • pointofnoreturn
    Well it's pouring with rain here today - looks like it will be here all day as well!!!!

Not feeling very motivated today so not sure if any crafting will get done!!!
  • dragonllew
    I,m from South Wales ,a few miles from Caerphilly ,up the Rhymney valley.A little village called Cefn Hengoed.
    Hope everyones fine today,I,m feeling a bit more myself ,lol.
    XXX
    Originally posted by artydoll
    DH is from south wales Pembroke Dock he stillhas lots of family there although we live in Bournemouth now. Glad you are feeling better.

Well done Rainmac on your little job I'm sure you can use some of it for crafty buying. I do a little cleaning job once a week and that money is my crafty budget for the month.

Well done to the Winners

I like the idea of the blinkie as well, I like the first option as well.

It was pouring with rain here at 6.30 this morning when I had to go pick DH up from work but has stopped now.
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 14th Aug 10, 3:43 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Rainmac Congratulations on your little job, its nice to earn your own bit of pocket money.

We have had such a busy day today in the shop, takings up 25% on last Saturday, doubt our comission will go up though!

Congratulations to our recent winners

DH is just setting up the web cam so our GD in Plymouth can talk to us and remember what we look like! I can't believe she is nearly 3.

Love the idea of a blinkie
  • ali.b.123
    Afternoon ladies, at work all day yesterday so couldnt get a good chance to come on but just to say I took a chance and ordered one of the £25 goody boxes on Thur lunchtime from Sarahs and it came yesterday morning - that was quick!!!! some nice stuff in and some I am thinking hmm will I use it. Just been doing our budget as well - oh good grief considering I was on a stash ban I still owed the kitty about £30 was on the cc so must have been from the tail end of the previous month I really need to stop spending!!!!

However, I sent my name in to try and win weekend passes to the Harrogate papercrafts fair and I won two - they came this morning so that has saved us about £8.00 - that can go towards stash!!!

Congrats to the latest winners
    rainmac - what a brilliant little job - you dont have to change your routine or anything!!!

Off for a blog hop - but I feel all out of sync. dont know what I am looking at or whether to enter anything , do you ever feel like that???
  • ali.b.123
    oops forgot to post this (dont think it has been posted) lovely freebie here
  • Fifi Folle
    Afternoon everyone,
    Had a busy day at work yesterday & haven't had a chance to get on here until now so I'm a bit behind. Will catch up on bl*gs later on.

Happy belated birthday Dawnteabag
    PONR What shocking customer service! I wouldn't dream of ordering anything from them now
    PepPop/Soulie The blinkie is a fab idea
    kms well done on your bracelet sales
    Marg I'll pm you about the birthday list too
    Jowri enjoy your trip to London
    Rainmac Congrats on your part time job
    elysia Hope you enjoy the wedding
    Artydoll Great idea for a challenge. I'll get my thinking cap on! Glad you are feeling a bit better today

Thanks to those who have posted freebies & well done to the winners. Yippee I won a challenge!
    To those who asked what stamp I used on the star card on my bl*g. It was the Inkadinkado Dot Flourishes clear stamps. x
    • bunbun2
    • By bunbun2 14th Aug 10, 5:38 PM
    • 3,498 Posts
    • 28,814 Thanks
    bunbun2
    still on hols so no crafting I am reading the thread but not able to take notes (I can't spend too much time on here at once!) so sorry if I don't mention anything specific.

congratulations to all the winners

hope all the poorlies feel better soon

happy belated birthday DTB

I have a favour to ask...ages ago I think I saw a digi image of a teenage boy on a mobile phone but can't remember where. does anyone remember seeing it or know of one similar?

we have just spent a fab afternoon on the beach - in the rain! didn't stop the boys going in the sea though

dragonllew I made it to the range didn't see much to buy though
  • ScattyJan
    Hi Everyone
    how much rain have we had today!
    love the blinkie idea how great!
    Well done Rainmac on your job
    and congrats to all our latest winners
    my mojo completely left home this week , I was trying all week to make some bits with the ribbons so much ended up on recycling you wouldnt belive , but yesterday and today seemed more productive and have now boxed a few bits ready to send on monday.
    I might even sit and do a card or two tonight.
    Love to you all
    xx
  • dragonllew

we have just spent a fab afternoon on the beach - in the rain! didn't stop the boys going in the sea though

dragonllew I made it to the range didn't see much to buy though
    Originally posted by bunbun2
    Lol Rhys has been to the beach twice this week with his friend as the friends parents had hired a beach hut and it rained both times he still had great fun though.
    The range can be a bit like that they either seem to have laods that I want or nothing lol if you go to Poole the Market Gallery is worth a look its at the bottom of the multistory car park for the dolphin centre.
    enjoy the rest of your hols
  • pointofnoreturn
    I have a favour to ask...ages ago I think I saw a digi image of a teenage boy on a mobile phone but can't remember where. does anyone remember seeing it or know of one similar?
    Originally posted by bunbun2
    Glad you are having a nice time bunbun - I've just looked through all of my digis but cannot see the image you want - sorry.

Hi Everyone
    how much rain have we had today!
    love the blinkie idea how great!
    Well done Rainmac on your job
    and congrats to all our latest winners
    my mojo completely left home this week , I was trying all week to make some bits with the ribbons so much ended up on recycling you wouldnt belive , but yesterday and today seemed more productive and have now boxed a few bits ready to send on monday.
    I might even sit and do a card or two tonight.
    Love to you all
    xx
    Originally posted by ScattyJan
    Too much rain!!!!!! Glad to hear you managed to make some things with the ribbons in the end!!!
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 14th Aug 10, 6:31 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Hi,
    Had my printer installed,anyone know of any sites where i can print out some card backgrounds from?
    We,ve had no rain down here in Wales ,but its looking mighty cloudy now.
    xx
  • jellybaby21
    Thank you for all my congratulations. Quick questions, what is 'Sarah's' that everyone refers too, it sounds like a online shop? Had a rotten day yestserday as was in hospital for some very painful tests. I have some new craft bits that I am looking forward to having a play with, including acetate and vellum which I have never worked with before. Also MCS Deco Follies arrived today, had a quick look and it seems great! x x x x

artydoll - are you looking for free backgrounds or ones you pay for?
    Hmmm will add up debt and stick on on later!
  • ScattyJan
    Artydoll there are some fab freebies to print out here some lovely papers Ive used this site myself about an hour ago - it was reccomended by someone of here am sorry I cant remember who was a while back - it really is great
    xx
    Yes PONR that site you recommended definatly helped me out , my mojo is back now :-))
  • dragonllew
    Hi,
    Had my printer installed,anyone know of any sites where i can print out some card backgrounds from?
    We,ve had no rain down here in Wales ,but its looking mighty cloudy now.
    xx
    Originally posted by artydoll
    some here & here and here I've linked to the freebies on the 2nd too sites but they also have packs you can buy. hth will try and think of some other links for you.
  • ScattyJan
    Love the links dragonllew
    xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,758Posts Today

7,657Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin