Christmas Hampers 2014

Comments

• cymrumam
    cymrumam Posts: 235 Forumite
    Could someone post a picture of the Poundland popcorn tubs please as I cant find them in mine and I want to send hubby looking for them while he is away on a course
  • BonandDom wrote: »

My darling mother :-( was not impressed with her 'my childhood memories of you', which had Fenjal bath oil, Crusha milkshake syrup, my favourite pic of us together, bottle of Martini, Thorntons chocolates

Awww sorry to hear that :( I think it sounds lovely.
  • In B&M today, they had sets of three baskets reduced from £9.99 to £4.99. They are white, with oatmeal coloured fabric inside. The fabric is decorated with daisy style flowers. The three baskets are tied together with a ribbon in the same fabric. I bought a set of round and a set of square baskets. They're not massive, but they are a nice size for hampers. The smallest baskets are ideal for hampers with fewer or smaller contents.

Hope this helps someone.
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Stephb1986 wrote: »

These are fab! My sisters would love them.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • http://theteachingbug36.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/teacher-appreciation.html

Hope the link works. Cant seem to upload a photo of my popcorn bucket, but the ones I picked up from £land are identical to those on this site. hth
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • Stephb1986 wrote: »

I got some empty plastic clear baubles from fleabay, cheapest price was just over £5 for 6. I would recommend getting the 7" ones. Im putting loombands in mine for kids stockings
    hth
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • cymrumam
    cymrumam Posts: 235 Forumite
    Thankyou pinknfluffy now I can send him hunting
  • I'll have to keep my eyes open in Poundland for them. I have some card ones but they are much smaller so can't get as much in them.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Canda-panda I find B&M and Home Bargains are great for baskets for hampers. It also depends on what sort of hamper you want to do because the container can be themed with the hamper like the popcorn tubs for movie night in hampers.

I bought two lovely vintage/retro style metal buckets in B&M last week (not bucket size, lol, more like medium sized flowerpot size) and I'm going to use them for two hampers although not sure of the theme yet so any vintage or retro ideas welcome (not sweets though cos the people concerned are more savoury than sweet lol).

I've also done pamper hampers for DS and DDIL using a cream wicker-type basket from B&M for her and a bamboo style tub/basket from Dunelm for him (looked more manly).

Pinknfluffy - thanks for starting this thread, I was just thinking this evening that I need to check for a hamper thread and now I've found it. Now have to check this everyday as well as Stop the Cavalry :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport