The Sun £9.50 holidays, JAN 2013 code words and final word cracking thread

Comments

• Wonder if the next codes will be talk meal tone ....like three years ago abit of a coincidence that the first two are the same?
  • Sorry to sound dim, but are the codes all the same nationwide? So everyone can get codes here instead of buying the paper? It just seems too easy. I have a priority booking form & I have bought todays paper. I have never managed to get a sun holiday because I always forget to keep getting the paper. Wish I had known about this thread.
  • turfey21
    turfey21 Posts: 107
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jenand8285 wrote: »
    Sorry to sound dim, but are the codes all the same nationwide? So everyone can get codes here instead of buying the paper? It just seems too easy. I have a priority booking form & I have bought todays paper. I have never managed to get a sun holiday because I always forget to keep getting the paper. Wish I had known about this thread.

Yes you can get the code words here, the first person to look at the code in the paper puts the code word up here and then we all try and crack the last code the night before.

I will put the code up for today's paper when I nip to the shops in a bit unless someone else puts it up beforehand
  • Has someone changed the excel file to accommodate 10 fields rather than the previous 8 fields and checked it works, obviously if it isn't done properly the words won't enter themselves into the right boxes.

If so can someone post a link to download it please.
  • Also...

I am wondering that the last code is released is in the Sunday paper, will they still open the booking site on Saturday evening for us to get 'cracking'? Previously it has been a work night, they open it up about 18.30 but will there be anyone to do it this time??? Hmmmmmm :-/
  • The token for today is YEAR
  • Sundays 6th january 2013 word is: year
    :-)
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Has someone changed the excel file to accommodate 10 fields rather than the previous 8 fields and checked it works, obviously if it isn't done properly the words won't enter themselves into the right boxes.

If so can someone post a link to download it please.

I don't know if mine works because the site's not open yet, so it takes me to the website then nothing else.

It's the one we used last time, which we changed from 8 items to 7 iirc? It keeps saying it's converting the file, probably because my version of excel is ancient? I don't know how to put it somewhere to download but I could email it to you if you pm me your email address?
    52% tight
  • The codes are not appearing could you re list them please
  • Mr_Doovde
    Mr_Doovde Posts: 291
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 6 January 2013 at 11:22AM
    jenand8285 wrote: »
    Sorry to sound dim, but are the codes all the same nationwide? So everyone can get codes here instead of buying the paper? It just seems too easy. I have a priority booking form & I have bought todays paper. I have never managed to get a sun holiday because I always forget to keep getting the paper. Wish I had known about this thread.

How did you get a priority booking number if you haven't booked a sun holiday before? Did someone give you theirs that they didn't want?
    Joovce, Joovce you want me to spell, it's a J, V, C.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure