The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Comments

• k30lly
    k30lly Posts: 118 Forumite
    Hi all, have just downloaded the eeba app so am going to have a little play.

Kerri, i did the payment a day before but never got obsessed. Should have stuck to it! X
    1% challenge - Started Feb 2014. Cap1 card £1,073.42
    1% = £10.73 0% so far
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Fallenwiccan - you're welcome, I've only just discovered factory outlet villages. If I'd known sooner I'd have saved loads of pennies! Enjoy your dindins sounds yummy.

Barbeduk - Have a lovely easter too :)

Jakes-mum - Maybe I should have a no mr C challenge one week just for you :p

Sharronej - Once you sign up you're a member for life whether you join in all the time, or once in a blue moon. You're part of the family now :) Nice to see you again.

K30lly - if you work out the app can you explain it to me please :) I've not joined the PAD thread, I'm just doing it myself. I'm posting it on here to keep me motivated, I've missed making small payments.

If anyone has never grown seeds before, you should totally do it! I've been looking at my little seeds germinating in complete amazement. I can't believe I've managed to make life! Tiny little sprouts are emerging and they're totally cute. I'm also loving watching my raspberry canes growing up in their new pots <3
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Fallenwiccan, you mentioned your OH had to go to the hospital on Wednesday, is he ok hun?

Natlie, CONGRATULATIONS!!! It must be amazing to know that you're going to have a fabulous day and yet pay for it all without having to use credit.

Ruthy1604, where are you going on your girly weekend in May??? Sounds very exciting! Oh and my company pays a low mileage rate AND I do a lot of business miles...

Barbeduk, how was the picnic?

Hummingbird, you are doing fantastically well, you are definitely right that it's important that you are not borrowing any more. Get yourself in the debt free frame of mind and it will be easy for you to complete this challenge!
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • sharronej
    sharronej Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks guys, how lovely of you to say :). It's been a bit of a roller coaster few months but I'm going to start cracking the whip financially in preparation for Christmas 2012 - a small bonus I'm pretty much done for presents for the big day itself, can't believe it myself but did the January sales and got some real bargains :money:

Our car is going to fail it's m.o.t in a couple of months so I need an emergency fund for that plus the road tax is due on the 1st May and on top of that our daughter at Uni needs help which will cost us nearly £2500 and as if all that isn't enough I think we're going to lose our £80 per week family credit .......jam sandwiches for dinner I think!
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Superheavy wrote: »
    I've not got much to add for this thread so far...no more debt busting and not much apart from work and watching the rain....

At least I've got a five day weekend after tomorrow, I'm sure that'll be good for my moneysaving.... :beer:

I'm always much better when I'm in work as I can't go out and spend anything! :rotfl:

• mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Jemma!

How are you getting on rolo-polo? xxx
    Superheavy wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that someone has done something to set this off? I'd like to say that not all of us are, but I think most people will be selfish in certain aspects, and considerate in most other areas.

Whatever happened, hope it wasn't too bad. I think Jakes-mum probably has it right though, its probably just a complete blind spot about whatever is bothering you.

Sorry about that, my dad had just REALLY wound me up and I need to rant... xxx

• fallenwiccan
    fallenwiccan Posts: 608 Forumite
    Morning all, a very sleepy Fallenwiccan here, I may be off but OH isn't and bank holiday messed up his metros meaning he missed the only one to get him to work on time so I got a call to go give him a lift into town, oh yeah and he had to be at work for 7.15 _pale_

Ah well, I'm up now. shall give the flat a buzz round quickly then might be naughty and try and finish building the wardrobe on my own before I head out to investigate Royal Quays (remembered there's an M&S outlet there too so I may have a peek for some curtains for our room to keep it a bit warmer).

Hey Jemma, he's going in for an operation on Friday :( don't really want to say too much about it, its not really routine and its really embarrassing for him but hopefully if it works it'll fix his problem for at least the next ten years. We know he has a good consultant (he was his Mam's cancer consultant and she's in recovery now) but these things are never fun. Recovery is not going to be pleasant apparently but he'll be staying at his parents a few nights as the hospital is next to them. Just want the flat finished and tidy before he comes back so there's no risk of him tripping on boxes.
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • Morning all, a very sleepy Fallenwiccan here, I may be off but OH isn't and bank holiday messed up his metros meaning he missed the only one to get him to work on time so I got a call to go give him a lift into town, oh yeah and he had to be at work for 7.15 _pale_

Ah well, I'm up now. shall give the flat a buzz round quickly then might be naughty and try and finish building the wardrobe on my own before I head out to investigate Royal Quays (remembered there's an M&S outlet there too so I may have a peek for some curtains for our room to keep it a bit warmer).

Hey Jemma, he's going in for an operation on Friday :( don't really want to say too much about it, its not really routine and its really embarrassing for him but hopefully if it works it'll fix his problem for at least the next ten years. We know he has a good consultant (he was his Mam's cancer consultant and she's in recovery now) but these things are never fun. Recovery is not going to be pleasant apparently but he'll be staying at his parents a few nights as the hospital is next to them. Just want the flat finished and tidy before he comes back so there's no risk of him tripping on boxes.

Don't you just hate getting up early on you day off:( I have been up since 7am, just could not settle.
    Lots to do today, going to pick the kids up from my parents had a peaceful week, but miss them lots.
    Off work for a whole 4 days:T hope everyone has a good Easter, and don't eat too many eggs:cool:
    :j I am out of this mess :j
    Pay off ALL my debt by Xmas 2012/13 Challenge #237#120 £11,284.27 / £11,284.27
    :beer:DFD-31.12.13:beer:
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Happy Good Friday to those that celebrate it :) Im personally not religious but DH is so I shall be in trouble tonight as im making stew for dinner not the obligatory fish (got a telling off last time I forgot by his family :rotfl:)

Am writing my letter to my works today agreeing that for them to make me redundant on medical grounds is the best option all round :(

I also think ive now sorted out why payp*l kept returning my withdrawal, my bank changed their sort code and I forgot to update :o but all sorted now and a lovely £210 winging its way to me :D not all mine but still anything is better than nothing :D
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • Hi Peeps,
    DS had a great time in Berlin (paying for the trip was part of my debt initially) and brought me back some euros. Exchanged and went straight to the bank to pay against cc. Totals now

No. 069 £3315/ £7719 = 42.94% :j

Have a good weekend everyone :D
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business