McDonalds Group Interview

Options
I have a interview at Maccy Ds on Thursday and the email stated that it is a group interview.

I have never had a group interview before and I was hoping that if anyone had they could help me anticipate what to expect since Im really nervous Im hoping if I prepare myself Ill be ok! :o

Also, Im wondering where I should go when I get there... i dont really want to be stuck in a que if you know what I mean!

Comments

• docij
    docij Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Group interviews are generally to test your ability to work with other people. I usually suggest that candidates try to speak quite early in the discussion - 2nd or 3rd person - because the longer you wait, the more likely that others will get more chance to talk than you. Also you feel more self conscious if you wait too long to contribute. It's also important that you show that you can express your opinions confidently and, if you have to challenge one of the other candidates, that you do it respectfully.

Good luck
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    omg lol now im scared! so do people stand up and talk in front of everyone else?! what kind of questions do you ask?
  • Simon11
    Simon11 Posts: 751 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just think about what the Managers are looking for and try to demostrate it!

-Hard working
    -Works well in a team
    -Communicates well with other staff
    -Quick to react
    -Creative/ has ideas
    -Talking with other people there will also demostrate how you would chat with the public

ect ect :D
    "No likey no need to hit thanks button!":p
    However its always nice to be thanked if you feel mine and other people's posts here offer great advice:D So hit the button if you likey:rotfl:
  • alison999
    Options
    If its a small group then I think ill be ok but its just so daunting because Ive no idea what to expect.

Its questions like why I want to work there and things like that that I get stuck on
  • docij
    Options
    alison999 wrote: »
    omg lol now im scared! so do people stand up and talk in front of everyone else?! what kind of questions do you ask?

No, don't worry, you won't have to stand up and do a talk. It will normally be a group discussion. They'll perhaps have you all talk about a particular scenario which might happen in the workplace or how you would plan an event together. Just remember that everyone else will be just as nervous as you but each person expresses their anxiety differently.
  • alison999
    Options
    ^ true. i usually go v. quiet which isnt good im trying not to think about it i dont want to get all tongue tied!
  • bigmacman
    bigmacman Posts: 371 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl:I had a interview there about 3 weeks ago and all you do is some workthere for 20 minutes.(Either the drive or somthing like that and dont worry they sort the food for you you just pass it over say thanks and smile) then the second part is just 1 on 1 interview with the manager they ask you questions about dealing with angry customers or complaints just simple stuff like that.
    not rocket science tbh
  • alison999
    Options
    bigmacman wrote: »
    :rotfl:I had a interview there about 3 weeks ago and all you do is some workthere for 20 minutes.(Either the drive or somthing like that and dont worry they sort the food for you you just pass it over say thanks and smile) then the second part is just 1 on 1 interview with the manager they ask you questions about dealing with angry customers or complaints just simple stuff like that.
    not rocket science tbh

this probably sounds stupid but what are the answers lol :(

im really starting to stress - i know ill be good at the job im a really hard worker and i cant wait to get stuck in - but im just hopeless at interviews!
  • docij
    Options
    How did the interview go? Hope it went well.
  • alison999
    Options
    I feel like it went OK and asked to work full time BUT she said to work f/t you have to be FULLY flexible and because I have children I cant be so I can only work part time BUT that way i am only guarenteed 8 hours per week.

How on earth do I sort my tax credits out with this?! Also my plan was to put DS in f/t nursery but tax credits wont help me if im only doing 8 hours (and why should they if im at home)

I really want this job and im hoping ill get it but childcare is going to be a nightmare with this.

I was told (through ads) that maccy d's works around you and while I appreciate it would be impossible to sut everyone i said i could work from 10am - 8pm and i think thats flexible

I know i havent got the job yet but i dont want to turn it down if im offered it (id like to work my way up to management eventually)

Any advice?:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport