Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 14th Feb 18, 6:55 PM
    • 1,030Posts
    • 375Thanks
    Dandytf
    PIP..change of circumstances request
    • 14th Feb 18, 6:55 PM
    PIP..change of circumstances request 14th Feb 18 at 6:55 PM
    As itís been approx 10 months since ,owing to part time hours salary etc.
    Iíve been attending fortnightly hospital appts for blood test until beginning March 2018 -then mri then 8 weekly appts.
    Anyway Iíve also at last started M.S. medicines since Sept 2017-possibly for life depending on blood tests.mrisí
    Iíve requested a change of circumstances pip form-which I have received.
    I want to inform dmp of points I made above and hopefully increase from 8 points lower rate mobility points to higher rate mobility -and consider possibility of stopping to work-permanently.

Is there any help on how I could answer the PIP form-itís not a shortened version -questions very similar to original pi form (since 2012-I have m.s. since 2010)

Thanks in advance mserís
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 14th Feb 18, 7:06 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 1,981 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:06 PM
    As itís been approx 10 months since ,owing to part time hours salary etc.
    Iíve been attending fortnightly hospital appts for blood test until beginning March 2018 -then mri then 8 weekly appts.
    Anyway Iíve also at last started M.S. medicines since Sept 2017-possibly for life depending on blood tests.mrisí
    Iíve requested a change of circumstances pip form-which I have received.
    I want to inform dmp of points I made above and hopefully increase from 8 points lower rate mobility points to higher rate mobility -and consider possibility of stopping to work-permanently.

Is there any help on how I could answer the PIP form-itís not a shortened version -questions very similar to original pi form (since 2012-I have m.s. since 2010)

Thanks in advance mserís
    Originally posted by Dandytf
    Unfortunately no one here can tell you how to fill that form in because we don't know how your conditions affect you daily. What you need to do is write as much info as possible. You'll also need to send in evidence to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for evidence.

They will look at the whole award again and not just the mobility part and you could lose everything you already have. The criteria for mobility moving around part is 20 metres or less regularly reliably, without pain and discomfort. Good luck and expect another assessment because most people have these.
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 14th Feb 18, 7:06 PM
    • 1,769 Posts
    • 1,983 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    https://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-resources/claiming-personal-independence-payment-booklet

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 14th Feb 18, 7:36 PM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    Dandytf
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:36 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 7:36 PM
    Thanks mser!!!8217;s too late tonight for personal mentions.
    Excellent information-I!!!8217;ll certainly use a lot of the advice mentioned.
    I have until 5th march to complete and return form.
    Very surprised what counts as an aid-stool etc interesting!
    In addition I can use my medicine (which is amending immune system to zap lesions/m.s.)
    I have years of health contracts-I!!!8217;ll prop update this info to incude nurse support-though haven!!!8217;t managed to request a home visit yet as i!!!8217;m Independent when possible.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
    • venison
    • By venison 14th Feb 18, 10:21 PM
    • 1,627 Posts
    • 1,748 Thanks
    venison
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:21 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:21 PM
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system
    I am a BG on loans,credit cards and benefits I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly". Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,454Posts Today

9,084Users online

Martin's Twitter