IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NPE trying to get money out of me.

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    I still say this is against the principles of pofa 2012, this is not a postal ticket, where it must be with you within 14 days, so if it's not that then it must be where a NtD has been served and they must wait 29-56 days to get RK details. Creating a third way to do things is not what pofa is about.

As for data gathering, yes parking eye and others do this, but they put a NtD on the vehicle mostly, PE do it like that in Lidl, but they have ANPR cameras on site, so bend the rules I guess. But this appears to me as if those rules have been broken.

Complaints should be made every time this happens to the bpa and dvla.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Stroma wrote: »
    I still say this is against the principles of pofa 2012, this is not a postal ticket, where it must be with you within 14 days, so if it's not that then it must be where a NtD has been served and they must wait 29-56 days to get RK details. Creating a third way to do things is not what pofa is about.

As for data gathering, yes parking eye and others do this, but they put a NtD on the vehicle mostly, PE do it like that in Lidl, but they have ANPR cameras on site, so bend the rules I guess. But this appears to me as if those rules have been broken.

Complaints should be made every time this happens to the bpa and dvla.

POFA does not put any restrictions on how NtKs are issued. It does not, for instance, say ANPR needs to be used.

It just says, if an NtK is issued (with no prior NtD) then certain procedures must be followed.

In my opinion this is actually a good thing for the keeper for the following reasons.
    1) Dodgy operator practices such as putting a ticket on the windscreen, photographing it, then removing it, can no longer happen (if they ever did)
    2) The keeper can now reset the clock by naming the driver at any point before legal action
    3) There is less time to wait for the NtK

And of course
    4) The operator only has a 14 day window to get the NtK to the keeper, not a 28 day window, and it sounds as if this particular operator is not competent enough to do that
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • ppc_guy
    ppc_guy Posts: 412 Forumite
    Stroma,

They do not affix a NtD to the vehicle so none has been served. s such n NtK within 14 days would apply.

Secondly with regards not training the patrolman/backoffice staff they are predominantly the same; Mr Jonathan Lecaille, co-owner and keeper of a recent caution for fraud.

He simply rides around on his bike, takes photos and rides of then serves an NtK in the post relying on people being unaware of timescales.

The bloke is a cowboy and i inherited personal grudge against him which i feel is unprofessional to ir further as im aware he also uses this forum and Pepipoo.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • da_rule wrote: »
    This would mean that the letter is a NtK and should therefore be within 14 days.

Yes in this case they have sent the NtK too late. Strangely though, it took them more than 10 days produce the notice.
  • ppc_guy wrote: »
    Jonathan Lecaille, co-owner and keeper of a recent caution for fraud.

He simply rides around on his bike, takes photos and rides of then serves an NtK in the post relying on people being unaware of timescales.

The bloke is a cowboy and i inherited personal grudge against him which i feel is unprofessional to ir further as im aware he also uses this forum and Pepipoo.

So that's the guy on a bike huh? No wonder he doesn't wears a uniform.
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You still need to appeal to the PPC using the template in the sticky thread (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822). You could add another statement or two about the notice not being served in time and therefore not compliant with POFA. Just make sure that you only identify yourself as the registered keeper.
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You'd have to email the DVLA to ask when and by whom your data was accessed...and make it clear you are asking as part of a complaint, and are not expecting to pay for info because it's a complaint about a PPC and your own vehicle. The reason I say make it clear, is that the DVLA often reply 'fill this form in and pay us an admin fee' which isn't what you mean.

OK so this is what I get from DVLA today:

"Thank you for your email received on 10/3/14. Your email reference number is xxxxxx.

In order to request this information please write to:

Vehicle Record Enquiries

DVLA
    Swansea
    SA99 1AJ

You will need to include your full name and address, along with the vehicle details.

You will receive a response within 4 weeks."

Typical bureaucratic pain in the back. Is this the only way to access info with DVLA?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    No it's not, I've seen these requests via email previously, and done over a couple of days, this is a fob off. Not sure of what address to use though
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • ppc_guy
    ppc_guy Posts: 412 Forumite
    Stroma i tried to Pm you something that will help here which im not content putting in the open....
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • double_clutching
    double_clutching Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2014 at 7:52PM
    Got something interesting to share here. I would like to post a couple of pics up here but I can't because I'm a new user.

Came across a leaflet of an A4 size of the PPC. Apparently they send these to vast numbers of businesses and private land owners, hoping people will help them to catch unaware motorists to make money they didn't earn. How exactly an A4 size piece of paper is large enough to warn people? Oh what's this? "Shortly afterwards the Registered Keeper will receive the postal parking ticket". Are they allow to call it "ticket"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure