Egg Money migration...or not....

Comments

• innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2012 at 5:58PM
    Major enhancement from EMM is that they now support PC and Mac, as well as Chrome, IE (still 32-bit only), FF and Safari. They apparently all use the same password store if run on the same PC so you can use all sorts of browsers interchangeably. This could be an advantage for some people - if YBS manage to get the performance to an acceptable standard.

I have so far managed to install the FF and IE plugins. Chrome and Safari downloads don't seem to be working. I can now see the names of my external accounts, as per my old EMM password store, but no data is loading at all. I.e. it is still entirely useless for logging into the external accounts- - -which is its only purpose.

They cannot have tested any of this very much.
  • Hi

Yorkshire Building Society's asked to respond again. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the Forum.

Hi,

Onawingandaprayer, Miller, Innovate, Reaper, Trinidadone, Schnide, Pinball13, Mr K –

Many apologies that you and others have been experiencing difficulties with our site and with Money Manager in particular. I can confirm that Yorkshire Building Society is offering the Money Manager Service. Unfortunately, as you’re aware, it has not been available at times today due to very high volumes of website traffic. We are currently still experiencing some delays when customers log into their accounts and are working to fix this problem. Thanks for bearing with us during this busy time.

Nick

Nick Gander
    E-commerce Channel Manager
    Yorkshire Building Society
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Just installed the 'missing component' and it's all there and working as before - just had to persevere, but everything seems to be running fine now (maybe less people trying?)... looks okay once you're in.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Using the site is marginally faster for me now. I can see the names of the external accounts but neither IE (32-bit) nor FF seem to find my login data. Chrome and Safari still don't even let me install the required plugins.

Since I appear to have to type in all my login data again, I might as well do it all at First Direct. At least their website doesn't collapse when there are few extra users.
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 September 2012 at 8:56PM
    Anti_Bank wrote: »
    Just installed the 'missing component' and it's all there and working as before - just had to persevere, but everything seems to be running fine now (maybe less people trying?)... looks okay once you're in.

Ditto. Registration was a breeze and then downloaded the password safe software.

Depending on how you've got your security settings setup, you might need to watch out for a windows message that says your computer is blocking the download... accept it and allow the download & run the install.

All my external accounts and balances then appeared.

Edit: Try logging right in and out of the YBS site once installed if you cant see all your accounts/detail. I couldn't see the edit button until I did this.
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2012 at 11:03PM
    At last! Got it to work (sort of), and the performance is quite good this time of night.

Some of the information on my accounts is incorrect - account type seems to have been set to some random text, or blank.

As kar999 already reported, to get "Edit" and "Delete" buttons, you must log out and log in again after the first installation. However, it seems impossible to actually edit anything - - I made many changes but couldn't save them ("Error on page"). And when I got back to the main page, the "Edit" and "Delete" buttons had vanished again.

I also don't like the presentation - - I could see all my accounts on one page in EMM, but now I have to page to see them all.

But at least I can log into my accounts quickly again.
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 September 2012 at 11:13PM
    innovate wrote: »
    Some of the information on my accounts is incorrect - account type seems to have been set to some random text, or blank.

As kar999 already reported, to get Edit and Delete buttons, you must log out and log in again after the first installation. However, it seems impossible to actually edit anything - - I made many changes but couldn't save them ("Error on page").

My credit cards were classified as Investments!!! :eek:

I have been able to save the changes from the drop down boxes once in edit mode but as you say it's coming and going. I think it's because some of the the external accounts are still in the process of loading (The Loading rotating symbol is showing next to the External Aaccount header).

Probably still due to heavy use of site bandwidth...

Customer notice - We are currently experiencing high levels of activity in the account management area of our site. As a result you may experience some delays when logging in to your account.
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2012 at 11:23PM
    kar999 wrote: »
    My credit cards were classified as Investments!!!
    yep, same here. And the rest is either blanks, or "savings"
    kar999 wrote: »
    I have been able to save the changes from the drop down boxes once in edit mode.
    I couldn't. tried it twice, wasted time both times. I do have over 20 accounts listed, from 10 different institutions, may be that's considered too many? I also couldn't select a given institution - - they list them all, but I cannot select the radio button.

Also can't edit the login details.

Won't try it again now, because the Edit button has once more vanished and I am bored with signing in yet again.

I suppose I will give FD a try in the morning, it can only be better.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    YBS and their Money Manager are unusably slow again this morning.
  • I can't get it working on Chrome. When I try to download the password thing I get the message 'Extensions, apps, and user scripts can only be added from the Chrome web store'. Presumably I have some option ticked in Chrome settings? If so which one.

Second I would prefer to use FD as both myself and wife have accounts, however last time I tried it (2-3 years ago) it would not let me add her accounts to my MM. Anyone know if this is allowed now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure