Garden shed removal

karenw
karenw Posts: 560 Forumite
Not sure if this is the right place, i want my garden shed dismantling and taking away as it has seen better days and is rotting, i wondered if theirs any company's out there that offer this service?

Any ideas greatly appreciated :T

Comments

• vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    We got rid of ours, by offering it on freecycle. I did dismantle it, first though, but going by the response, I needn't have bothered - had loads of people after it!

If it is REALLY bad, any of the 'gardens & rubbish cleared' ads in lcal press will do it.

Your local council will also offer the facility - might even be cheaper than a private contractor.

If you're in reciept of any benifits, you might even get it done by them for free.

VB
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Why do you need someone to do for you. It only requires a hammer and perhaps a wrecking bar(crowbar). Even if you cannot or do not want to do it yourself, a local handyman would make short work of the job.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    id knock it down for you. (for a case of beer).
    taking it away is another matter though.

wait till bonfire night?
    Get some gorm.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I don't live in your area, so the company I'm using is no good to you, but I managed to find a company that dismantles old shed, takes it away & installs new one. Cost about the same as companies that do supply only.

I found my shed company by looking in the adverts of my local paper & got them to send me a brochure. You could try that if you haven't already.

An internet search has brought up this company, don't know if it's any good to you.http://www.garasheds.co.uk/
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Get a sledge hammer, and smash into pieces small enough to fit into the back of you car, then take it to the local recycling centre a.k.a rubbish dump.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Mr_Warren_2
    Mr_Warren_2 Posts: 991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I dismantled my old wooden shed last year in 2 nights......Took all the glass off first then used sledge hammer and woodsaw to cut the frame in bits. Was great to burn on the BBQ last summer.
  • Hatster
    Hatster Posts: 97 Forumite
    I took mine down by putting a hard hat on (well, a cycle helmet), unbolting whereever there were bolts, and then using a sledgehammer to knock the rest down. Then I burnt it. (It was very decrepit - I didn't want to go inside in case the roof fell in or I fell through the floor.) I'm extremely petite and it took me a couple of hours to demolish singlehanded, so I reckon that if I can take a shed down, anyone can.
  • karenw
    karenw Posts: 560 Forumite
    Good news i asked my uncle if he knew anyone who could do it on the cheap, he said he will do it with his mate for free and he will even put up my new shed for free :T

I did offer him some money but he won't take it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure