PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What do you make in your pestle and mortar?

2»

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought a large tub of garlic powder to add to the dog biscuit recipe but it went hard before I could use it all up. The p & m was ideal for crushing it back to powder form. Since I've run out I use it to keep the back door and shed keys in. Now everybody knows :o
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    I crush all the nuts I eat in it, because I don't have any bottom back teeth, :D and I don't want to put excess strain on the teeth I have left. They have got to last me.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've a huge p&m that I got reduced from tk maxx. I use it for grinding all spices when cooking curry and for making pesto

I prefer to use that then the small grinder we have, less mess and more control
  • After just watching Masterchef and admiring the way they all used the p & m to crush their spices, it has prompted me to clear out the aging garlic cloves stored in mine, and give it a wash out ready to use for purpose!!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Thanks for the suggestions :) (although I think have too many random things in my kitchen that hold pens, pencils, batteries and lego!)

A friend of mine says he ground up wheat to make flour, and I've heard of peanut butter and other nut butters being made in a P&M, maybe I could give that a go?

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • double_mummy
    double_mummy Posts: 3,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    to make the right sugar whack some granulated in and go and you can grind it down to caster and very fine like icing sugar

as well as all the curry/ spices ones etc love making garlic paste for garlic bread :)
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport