Shredding lbs and £'s in 2013....

Choc-addict
Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
edited 11 December 2012 at 6:14PM in Debt free diaries
Hi there,

I've decided to start my new diary now rather than leave it until the NY. Main reason being that I have just started a new exercise dvd called 30 day shred so I thought why not log my new challenge in a diary form and also alongside that begin my new phase to becoming debt free. Plus, as some already know, I have a habit of starting a new diary ;)

Anyhow, won't bore you too much with details about me. I'm 34, live at home with hubby, cat and dog. Very much a happy home apart from this dreaded debt business :mad: Debts were prior to hubby and as you can see from my signature it's taken me a long time to get where I am but I now feel like i'm on the home straight and 2013 should see me debt free.

I am supported by hubby along the way in various ways i.e. he pays for hols, more to household etc so that it frees up my money to clear my debts. We work really well as a team and i'm super lucky to have him!

Anyhow back to the job in hand.....I will list my total debts later. I have joined the 20p and £2 coin savers clubs for 2013, I have also joined pay as much as you can club - which basically I have set my target to clear my debt in full.

My other target is to lose some lbs and yesterday I started the "30 day shred" dvd done by one of the trainers on the biggest loser series (america). Basically 3 levels. 10 days of each level. I'm 11st now and would love to reach 10st which was the weight I was in April this year (yes I know i've been bad and let it all slip!!) for my wedding day. I do however have to try diff forms to reach this target as I have cancelled my gym membership (:money:) so no double classes 5 days a week to get me there!

Day 1 of 30 day shred completed yesterday - it was tough going and my whole body aches today. Who'd of thought that 20 mins of exercise could cause so much pain?!

Will update how Day 2 goes a bit later once I have complete it.

Anyhow, enough of my yappings. Very much looking forward to this diary becoming a record of positive events to me achieving my ultimate goal of becoming debt free :D

Choc x

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• GKIM
    GKIM Posts: 55 Forumite
    Hi Choc-addict

Just wanted to say keep going at the 30 day shred - I managed to get halfway through level 2 and had to stop as it was gruelling! So on behalf of all unmotivated exercisers everywhere KEEP AT IT! :p Anyone I've seen who has completed it has seen great results.

(and of course best of luck for 2013 and your debt free journey :) )

GK x
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good luck! I think I will start my 30 day shred on December 31st as the 1st will be a no no! Think ill plan to do it every other day as it's too hard going for me to do everyday!
    In debt no more!
  • olivia84
    olivia84 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ooohhh good luck with paying off your debt in 2013. the 30 day shred thing sounds good. when you say you did 20 mins yesterday, does that mean you only do 20 mins per day? that actually sounds very doable - that's my problem - the thought of a full hour's exercise just means am never gonna do it!

xx
    "never look down on anyone.....unless you're helping them up"
  • Choc-addict
    Thanks guys. I'm determined to stick at this!

Olivia - yes it's about 20mins which is why I decided to go with it as I can fit it in each day. It is hard going and i'm sure levels 2 and 3 are going to kill me but as they say no pain no gain!
  • olivia84
    olivia84 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    yea - it defo sounds good - and some kind soul has uploaded the whole lot onto youtube! will be giving it a whirl - thank you!!

xx
    "never look down on anyone.....unless you're helping them up"
  • Choc-addict
    olivia84 wrote: »
    yea - it defo sounds good - and some kind soul has uploaded the whole lot onto youtube! will be giving it a whirl - thank you!!

xx

Good luck! :D
  • Choc-addict
    Added another £2 and 20p to my piggy bank :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,078 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi, Just chipping in to say that we started debt-busting a few years ago now & then started tackling our weight in Jan 2011. So far, I've lost five & a half stones & partner has lost over 4 stones. I've mentioned this before in posts, but we've really found that the same skills for tackling debts/spending are very useful for tackling weightloss/overeating. They both come down to planning, having a budget (whether it's money or calories), understanding the implications of not sticking to the budget once made, etc. I've lost weight in the past, but never kept it off & never lost as much as this. Can't help wondering whether doing the debt-busting has actually had a knock on effect on the successful weight loss.......after all, we spend less when we do proper portion control (Rosemary Conley's portion pots, lol!), also, we're not spending on junk food & high fat & sugar stuff & the regular meal planning (for budget) means we can look at calorie controlled meals at the same time. Am sure if psychologists really did a detailed study of this, they'd find a link between poor financial management & poor weight management. Relaxing it a bit for Christmas, but aiming to lose another 2 stones next year, then I think that'll be me done! x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Choc-addict
    Wow foxgloves, that is amazing!!

I have used RC portion pots too - they do really help and it's amazing how much we over eat by not having the right portions and in turn as you say prob spend more too!

I really need to get more organised on life side of things -I think I now have the money side under control so home/food etc def needs looking at.

I find calorie controlled diets are the only thing that has ever worked for me. Thing is i'm normally good for say 2 weeks and then let is slip. Hence me attempting this 30 day thing!

Don't they say you have to do/follow something for 21 days for it to become a habit...something like that anyway :)
  • Choc-addict
    Plan for this evening....
    • Finish work at 5ish
    • Take pooch for walk
    • Day 2 of 30 day shred (ouch!)
    • Swish about house
    • Take pooch to doggy class
    • Bath & bed!
    Hubby is on late shift today so won't be home until 11pm ish so entire evening is mine. Or not so as the list above shows. Hey ho, such is life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure