3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Pay day today, I've managed to squirrel away £135 of spare money into my savings pot.

£235/£4000
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Dobbibill wrote: »
    In other news I'm off to Italy on the weekend for the 6 Nations Rugby.....so excited!!!

Dobbi :D

That sounds wonderful:j. Have a great time:beer:
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    That sounds wonderful:j. Have a great time:beer:

Thanks CBC - I'm sure I will, we need a win to start us off :D I reckon we can get it. :D and if we do it will make it even more wonderful :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
    Thanks CBC - I'm sure I will, we need a win to start us off :D I reckon we can get it. :D and if we do it will make it even more wonderful :D

I'm not a Rugby fan myself, sorry, but I've experienced the excitement and pride at football matches abroad in the distant past:j.
  • Hi sunny but cold Sunday afternoon here! Had a look at our budget and managed to save a few pennies here and there, some direct debits were lower than we expected and I'm pleased to say we've thrown a few more pounds into the EF pot.

New total : £8172.18
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015

And what a win it was:j. Makes the long journey home a lot easier when the results go right doesn't it?;). I know I said I'm not a rugby fan but I like to take notice of major happenings in various teams and sports.
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi helen and everyone

Please add £25 to my pot for this week

Keep warm everyone its turning cold our there!
  • Evening Helen and fellow 3-6 challengees, am envious of all these fab sounding trips, Paris, Italy, Canaries, well deserved breaks everyone :)

My progress has been slow recently but I'm now up to £8082 which is 95% of my target.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    And what a win it was:j. Makes the long journey home a lot easier when the results go right doesn't it?;). I know I said I'm not a rugby fan but I like to take notice of major happenings in various teams and sports.

Finally home, brilliant trip, did lots of other things while we were there too but the most important thing was the game and of course the win........absolutely loved it.
    I did my usual.....jump up and down, scream, shout and wave of the flag :D not at all passionate here ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I have had to use my emergency funds to bail out my son and his GF to save them from eviction.
    So I am back down to £100!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure