IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS Appeal - help needed

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,121
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 July 2017 at 8:45PM
    Remove this completely, it has no legs since the Beavis case:
    The level of charge is extravagant and unconscionable and it not a genuine pre estimate of loss.
    The Charge is Not a Contractual Fee – it is in fact a disguised breach.

And re the signs:
    The image of the site sign supplied by PPM
    Is that image of the right place or the wrong place? Say so, if it is an image of the wrong place.

I think you need to provide three Google Maps links as evidence, one showing the wrong location and one showing the right one, and a third one showing the fact these two locations are 15 miles apart (by doing a 'get directions' maps search, perhaps).

State that the NTD was 'not properly given' and the operator will not be able to set out a 'prima facie case', due to the fatal error of the location being stated as another place, 15 miles away.

With the IAS they expect the driver to prove every single word you say or they will reply that ''the appellant said this but failed to prove it'' so they don't believe you, and prefer their beloved AOS member's lack of evidence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • LauraV_2
    LauraV_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Brilliant Coupon-mad
    The picture is from the location where the car was actually parked so in theory the right location. Do you think I should provide links to the maps or screen shots?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Screenshots are much better, if you can upload a PDF document in the IAS appeal webpage.

Last time I used it (over a year ago) it was restrictive and you could not copy & paste wording in nor upload stuff, you could just type things in...but I think it did allow attachments.
  • LauraV_2
    Great I'm just creating the PDFs now. Do I want to admit to the actual location of the vehicle?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    I would, because if you win the IAS appeal the PCN has to be cancelled and can't be re-issued. If you lose the IAS appeal they still have a useless PCN and lack of evidence for court, if they ever try.

Also, I think you can't do this without saying where the car really was.
  • LauraV_2
    Ok that's all done. I've also created a document with PPMs picture of the car on location against street view pictures of the recorded location.
    How do you think I should finish the letter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    If you haven't already, use these words:
    state that the NTD was 'not properly given' and the operator will not be able to set out a 'prima facie case', due to the fatal error of the location being stated as another place, 15 miles away.

Oh, and I would possibly upload (or embed into your appeal) a scan of their embarrassing letter protesting that ''the location is irrelevant'' so they can't pretend none of this happened and you are making the location issue up.
  • LauraV_2
    So I have put:

Although PPM claim, in their appeal rejection letter, 'the location of the PCN is not relevant' and that the photographs supplied 'support the issue of the parking charge', this is not the case

And to finish the letter:

As you can see from the above points this PCN was invalidly given and PPM will be unable to set out a prima facie case due to the fatal error of the location being stated as another place, 15 miles away.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Go for it, worth a try in your case. If you lose, so what, back to square one. Still do not pay!
  • LauraV_2
    Thank you so much for your help. Il let you know how it goes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills