Orlando/Disneyworld Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• KarenG
    KarenG Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    joop123 wrote: »
    ok....so have found flights and now need to decide on whether to go to Davenport or lake wilson/sandy ridge. This is though direct holidays...any experiences thoughts appreciated.

Just my thoughts. Neither location is what I would describe as ideal, but equally neither are bad either. That said, I like to be as close to Disney as possible, and many don't, so consider Lake Wilson / Sandy Ridge ideal for ability to get onto the I4, to go further afield.

I always book villas direct because I can't deal with the uncertainty of not knowing what I am getting :eek: but I'm sure most sensible people wouldn't agree with me :D
  • joop123
    joop123 Posts: 260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    KarenG wrote: »
    Just my thoughts. Neither location is what I would describe as ideal, but equally neither are bad either. That said, I like to be as close to Disney as possible, and many don't, so consider Lake Wilson / Sandy Ridge ideal for ability to get onto the I4, to go further afield.

I always book villas direct because I can't deal with the uncertainty of not knowing what I am getting :eek: but I'm sure most sensible people wouldn't agree with me :D

thank you for that....i have left things a lttle late as we are hoping to go first week of april and the costings of separate flights and villa seem quite pricey.

Would you mind me asking which area you stay in as we would like to be close to disney

thankyou again

jackie
  • maemaesmummy
    maemaesmummy Posts: 2,474 Forumite
    We have stayed at many villas but have recently decided our favourite to by Calabay Parc at Tower Lakes..this is described by a lot of people of being too far out at a 25 minute drive..but we have stayed just off the 192 and find with all the traffic and traffic lights down there it's so much easier to get straight on the 4 from there.

Our last visit was christmas 2010, and OMG the queues leaving the parks trying to get onto the 192 was :eek: we just sailed past onto the 4.
    Bit of a Florida Fan :j
    8/12/08 Highlands Reserve, 3/12/09 Calaby Parc
    18/8/10 Villa Upper Class 19/12/10 Villa Upper Class
    10/08/11 C P Tower Lake 10/12/11 C P Tower Lake
    28/4/12 Emerald Island 22/7/12 Florida for 6 weeks
    13/12/12 4 weeks C P Tower Lake 13/2 Prize win Orlando
  • maemaesmummy
    maemaesmummy Posts: 2,474 Forumite
    We too always book villa's direct you definately know what you are getting..had a really bad experience with Virgin and never want that again lol. We have booked the same villa we had at christmas for this years visits..cant wait we are doing 2 3 week stays this year lol...need to look at buying a villa I think!
  • joop123
    joop123 Posts: 260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    how lovely, we have previously been for three weeks stays but cant get the boys out of school for extra hols now they are older! even though they would love too! We did august for three weeks and found the weather was too wet ....lots of rain on a big scale! So i think easter will be best for us eventhough it will be hectic. October is my fav time to go ...halloween was fabulous too!
  • Yes we did August last year and it was very hot, humid and wet lol but the queues were minimal...all the USA kids had gone back to school...christmas was manic OMG I have never seen anything like it..parks were closed at 11am for visitors, 4 hour waits for rides, fastpasses gone by lunch....

that said we have booked 3 weeks this christmas but am going to get the parks done by 22nd Dec when it gets mad!

We wanted to go at Easter but couldn't get flights :mad:
  • We have stayed at many villas but have recently decided our favourite to by Calabay Parc at Tower Lakes..this is described by a lot of people of being too far out at a 25 minute drive..but we have stayed just off the 192 and find with all the traffic and traffic lights down there it's so much easier to get straight on the 4 from there.

Our last visit was christmas 2010, and OMG the queues leaving the parks trying to get onto the 192 was :eek: we just sailed past onto the 4.

Just like to second everything said here. IS quite far out, but a handy Walmart nearby and the I4 route is better.
  • Just like to second everything said here. IS quite far out, but a handy Walmart nearby and the I4 route is better.

lol and Mannys chop house just down the road! yum yum
  • lol and Mannys chop house just down the road! yum yum

Second the yum yum for Manny's too! If you can get in! Don't forget to order the bottomless salad!
  • DickyP_2
    DickyP_2 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Hello All, always keep an eye on this thread as I do enjoy my visits to the land of sun and Mickey!!

Joy has come as we are planning our return visit, last one was March 09 with three of us and time before was Oct08 with 13 :eek: how did that time fly by!!!

Anyway, this time will be first visit with our son who will be near enough 2 and a half (going for Sept2012). Now the difference is not our son surprisingly but the inlaws who have never been interested in visiting now want to come also. (the draw of Grand children:rotfl:)

Now they aren't the ride types but will cope with the ones that my son will go on, the question is does anyone have any gems of sites / info that would not be core Orlando ie museums, history something different. It's their holiday to so need to cover all bases or at least have places that they can be dropped at in the morning if they don't fancy visiting Disney for the 4th day running :D.

And I must say it is nice to be planning even though it is so far away!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure