Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• Midland45
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    I emailed them back a scanned copy of my on-line statement and asked if this was acceptable. Not yet had a reply back.

Anyone know if this is adequate?

I used this method for both myself and wife, and we both got letters about a week or so after confirming our accounts were open and active. I had noticed on the accounts the DD payments we’d set up were listed to pay for both Dec and Jan, so was fairly sure that SW had completed their checks. Great to get written confirmation though.
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    BeachNut wrote: »
    Response I got by email "I can confirm that we can accept an online statement via email as long as it confirms your full name, address, account details and clearly shows the URL address."

They seem to be making the requirements up as they go along since the original email said nothing about containing your address, only the URL.

The post office seemingly rejected my certified driving licence as ID for my online saver application as it was printed/copied in colour not black and white - I only noticed afterwards the rules stated colour copies were not acceptable.! Everything else complied - I used an accountant to certify so this can only be the reason in their rules they rejected it for I could see.

I had used the same person and colour copy for a passport application - and there were no issues at all. Beat that for picky!
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Midland45 wrote: »
    I used this method for both myself and wife, and we both got letters about a week or so after confirming our accounts were open and active. I had noticed on the accounts the DD payments we’d set up were listed to pay for both Dec and Jan, so was fairly sure that SW had completed their checks. Great to get written confirmation though.

You can't assume that the DDs being set up means that they've completed checks.

Our first a/cs had the DDs set up and the first DD deposits taken on 21st November. We only got the email requesting statements on 22nd November.

I followed up on 29th November by replying to their original email message asking if my submitted statements were OK as they didn't show our address. I promptly received the reply "We are in receipt of the identification and a Welcome Letter will be coming out to you shortly". We're still waiting for this.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I applied for Saga & BM savings accounts which like SW are subsiduaries of Lloyds banking group.
    No problems with proving anything, I assume, because I have accounts with Lloyds & Halifax & BoS. Thank goodness! All this chasing DDs has been --- time consuming!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Tom1D
    Options
    Hi All,
    I have a Bank of Scotland , a Halifax Reward and a Lloyds bank account all getting 2 direct debits from my Tesco Accounts. (just found out Tesco are stopping this in April ) :(

I plan to open up a Post Office Online Saver account to start off with... (will look at others later, just one at a time)

Can I ask , Does anyone know, if these accounts (BOS, HX and Lloyds) will still require just 2 Direct Debits? or are they going to increase this to a requirement of needing 3 Direct Debits anytime soon?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Tom1D wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have a Bank of Scotland , a Halifax Reward and a Lloyds bank account all getting 2 direct debits from my Tesco Accounts. (just found out Tesco are stopping this in April ) :(

I plan to open up a Post Office Online Saver account to start off with... (will look at others later, just one at a time)

Can I ask , Does anyone know, if these accounts (BOS, HX and Lloyds) will still require just 2 Direct Debits? or are they going to increase this to a requirement of needing 3 Direct Debits anytime soon?

I don't think any of us has a crystal ball, so who knows:cool:
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options

None have so indicated.

Remember, with PO Online Savers you will only have one linked account with each, which means only 1 x Direct Debit, no multiple DDs like Tesco set up for numerous external accounts.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tom1D wrote: »
    badger09 wrote: »

But I don't think there's ever been any suggestion that such a change is even being considered, so I wouldn't worry.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I hope to get one this Christmas. Been waiting for it for over 60 years, so this year must surely be the year.
  • Tom1D
    Options

Remember, with PO Online Savers you will only have one linked account with each, which means only 1 x Direct Debit, no multiple DDs like Tesco set up for numerous external accounts.

Thank you for the comment and help...

As only 1 linked account is possible, I will thus link this to my BOS account.
    My plan was to set up weekly direct debits.. so thus would have at least 2.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback