IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ from parking eye but they deliberately sent to old address

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Do they not need to perform any due dilligence to check if I have moved? E.g. Check with DVLA if registered keepers addrsss has changed?
    Nope, sorry. They deal with each parking charge as an entirely separate entity. Remember they do this on an industrial scale. They issue around one and a half million tickets per year.

They can only contact the DVLA once per parking charge. Neither does the DVLA update an address to them for a previously issued PCN where they've already provided (former) data.

It's a mess that Theresa May said she would sort out when she became PM - but that's increasingly looking like an empty promise. As well as sorting out your set-aside write to your MP, to Theresa May and to Marcus Jones MP of the DCLG - all have the capacity to help get this national debacle sorted out.

When you've found out precisely and can confirm which parking charge your CCJ relates to, let us know for further advice.

But if it is you've also got a current one in place, how far along the path is it? You don't want that one getting out of control too.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    To deal with the ccj your choices are to either pay it off, or try for a set aside. Set aside will cost £255 in court fees.

If you pay it off it will remain on the register (marked as satisfied) for 6 years.

If you win a set aside it will be removed from the register as if it never happened. The creditor would be able to reissue the claim which you defend (or pay)
  • Umkomaas wrote: »
    Nope, sorry. They deal with each parking charge as an entirely separate entity. Remember they do this on an industrial scale. They issue around one and a half million tickets per year.

They can only contact the DVLA once per parking charge. Neither does the DVLA update an address to them for a previously issued PCN where they've already provided (former) data.

It's a mess that Theresa May said she would sort out when she became PM - but that's increasingly looking like an empty promise. As well as sorting out your set-aside write to your MP, to Theresa May and to Marcus Jones MP of the DCLG - all have the capacity to help get this national debacle sorted out.

When you've found out precisely and can confirm which parking charge your CCJ relates to, let us know for further advice.

But if it is you've also got a current one in place, how far along the path is it? You don't want that one getting out of control too.

Thanks for the info. I am struggling to find out though as court is engaged all day and they're saying they'll get back to me via auto email response between 10 - 14 working days. Today is the last day that's within the month to pay off the CCJ. I have no way of knowing where and how to pay it though and what it's for.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Today is the last day that's within the month to pay off the CCJ. I have no way of knowing where and how to pay it though and what it's for.
    If you're still within the deadline to settle the CCJ, I'm not sure whether it should have already appeared on your credit file?

@Quentin - should this be the case? You are better versed than me on CCJs.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    if its on the credit report then its already a CCJ , issued 28 days after default
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    if its on the credit report then its already a CCJ , issued 28 days after default

Oh I see. Looks like a set aside then. It's ridiculous. I have to pay £255 to apply to get this taken off. They made no attempt to find out if I had moved, neither did the courts. And this is legal?
  • Quentin
    To win a set aside apart from showing why you should be given one (or you knew nothing about the claim) you also need to show the judge you have a reasonable defence.

Also read up on set aside by consent as another option to consider, though would mean you paying the ccj, though only £100 fee for the set aside assuming the creditor will co-operate, and no hearing to attend
  • Quentin wrote: »
    To win a set aside apart from showing why you should be given one (or you knew nothing about the claim) you also need to show the judge you have a reasonable defence.

Also read up on set aside by consent as another option to consider, though would mean you paying the ccj, though only £100 fee for the set aside assuming the creditor will co-operate, and no hearing to attend

Set aside by consent? What's that?
  • Quentin
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    If you're still within the deadline to settle the CCJ, I'm not sure whether it should have already appeared on your credit file?

@Quentin - should this be the case? You are better versed than me on CCJs.

Yes, ccjs do get put on the register almost immediately. Then removed if paid off within 30 days
  • Quentin
    Set aside by consent? What's that?

Google it for a full explanation.

You and the creditor both agree in writing that the ccj be set aside and send in your written agreements to the court.

Would involve you negotiating this with the claimant
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport