Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,658
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hugs Shala & hubby :A

Oh dear not a good week, just not feeling it :(. Was my anniversary yesterday so had a meal out plus hubby has been in control of meals and he doesn't think SW :o. To cap it all my (not) 10s are snug today :(
    Dreading scales tomorrow, may well avoid them :rotfl:
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Not much to report I just STS I am not surprised in the least. I just can't seem to get that determined extra push I keep giving in.
    It just won't do. :mad::mad:
  • AuntyCat
    AuntyCat Posts: 326 Forumite
    Right I need to get back on track.

I follow slimming world to a degree after being a member a few years ago and loosing the bulk of what I needed to. After a recent holiday I really need to get back on track.

I usually follow the thread and catch up when I can, but don't usually post.

I was so inspired by Bubbs and the not wanting to be fat at 50, I am also 50 in November, so I decided to join the challenge and go for the 2lb a week, so 18lb in the challenge please
    I promise to read the thread and keep motivated with all your inspiration.
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's Friday! I have tons of free and low syn meals in the fridge. Just need to make sure I eat that and NOT the chocolate like I did yesterday! On the bright side, I did manage to resist the cheesy quesadillas I made for the boys.

Plan for today:
    B: Yogurt and blueberries
    L: Chicken curry & steam veg
    D: Chana masala, couscous & steam veg

HEA: Almond milk
    HEB: 2 Hi Fi bars
    Syns:
    Chocolate: 5
    Chicken curry: 3
    Chana masala: 3
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome cat. I'm glad the challenge has inspired you. Kathrynha will add you to the list. Do post regularly. I find it helps to articulate my plans. It helps me keep on the straight and narrow.:)

kathrynha wrote: »
    Yesterday was a good day for me plan wise. Did 9168 steps and 29 active minutes. With a planned day out tomorrow, I will definitely be half way to my silver body magic by next weigh in.

Today will be a harder day to stick on plan, and a harder one to reach my step target, but I will try.
    Hope you manage it, what's the temptation kathrynha?
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    To cap it all my (not) 10s are snug today :(
    Dreading scales tomorrow, may well avoid them :rotfl:

I know the feeling tie. I tried on 3 skirts before I went out last night and all felt tight around the tummy.:(

Today's the first day I've been completely in control of food for almost a month. I just bought a few bits when we got back on Tuesday to see us through the week so today I'm going to do a week's meal plan and shop and get back to 'normal'.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 fried eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese, beetroot and cornichons
    D: salmon, SW chips, mushrooms, tomatoes and sugar snaps
    Syns: weekend wine:D

I may have something different for dinner but I know I can make the above without any shopping. Wine might be changed for gin which is a syn saving compromise.;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,815
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Well done Bubbs, HorseyKaz and MissTeach on your losses.

Hugs beanielou on your gain. Are you wanting an amount recording on a spreadsheet, or just a blank?

Just a blank thanks or I will be totally demotivated.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    HorseyKaz wrote: »
    Evening all,
    Reporting in with -1.5lb for this week please Kathrynha.
    Bit of a mini victory - first time in ages I've got to the end of the day on track - now just need to keep doing more of the same....:)

Today's food was:
    Rasps/apricots with crème fresh, honey & nuts - 2.5syns
    Rice salad - 4syns (for 10ml oil in dressing)
    Tuna with citrus/fennel salad, new pots and French beans
    Milk (A), x2 cereal bars (B), Solero - 4.5 syns
    :T:T:T well done
    maman wrote: »
    Well done kaz and bubbs .All losses count!:T

My meal wasn't too bad at all. I had pan fried cod on a bed of samphire with roasted tomatoes and crushed new potatoes. So only syns were in oil (and the gin:o).

Not eating out tomorrow so I'm in control. No syns in tomorrow's meals. :D
    Thankyou:D
    MissTeach wrote: »
    Ohh new thread! Sorry to hear your news Shala, hope things get better for you guys soon x

I'm not sure what to set as a target as the school holidays are coming up and this always leads to a gain!

I'll try 10lbs as that will get me my next 2 awards but it's really not likely.

I'll start that with a fab -4lb off this week after last weeks gain. But I've got ladies' day at the races on Saturday and I plan on getting through a lot of prosecco!

Was very proud today. We had a whole school picnic/tea party this afternoon and there were sandwiches, scones, victoria sponges, quiches etc and not a single morsel entered my mouth. I didn't even lick the buttercream and jam I got on my fingers when slicing the sponges! Dedication!

I really hope this weekend doesn't sabotage me too much. Would like 2lb off next week to get my 6 stone award but not feeling entirely optimistic!
    :T:T:Tfab well done and 6 stone is brill:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Not much to report I just STS I am not surprised in the least. I just can't seem to get that determined extra push I keep giving in.
    It just won't do. :mad::mad:
    Better than a gain :cool:
    AuntyCat wrote: »

I follow slimming world to a degree after being a member a few years ago and loosing the bulk of what I needed to. After a recent holiday I really need to get back on track.

I usually follow the thread and catch up when I can, but don't usually post.

I was so inspired by Bubbs and the not wanting to be fat at 50, I am also 50 in November, so I decided to join the challenge and go for the 2lb a week, so 18lb in the challenge please
    Welcome, glad i inspired someone:rotfl::rotfl: not the 3rd is it?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    Well done Bubbs, HorseyKaz and MissTeach on your losses.

Hugs beanielou on your gain. Are you wanting an amount recording on a spreadsheet, or just a blank?

Thankyou:D
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    AuntyCat wrote: »

Welcome Cat. I've added you to the spreadsheet
    maman wrote: »
    Hope you manage it, what's the temptation kathrynha?

None working day with stuff around the house to do. Glad to say I have managed it and earnt some body magic spring cleaning :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Just a blank thanks or I will be totally demotivated.

That's absolutely fine. Try not to let it get you down.
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport