Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Comments

• Fantastic finding paypal money.

Glad your sounding a bit happier. Take care.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So we have a new (to us) ride on mower - I took the money from one of DH's savings accounts but we have since managed to sell our old ride on mower for £100 so that leaves us just £50 short and I have about £45 in Paypal so really the cost has been covered.

I will take the money to town tomorrow and get that paid in and back in DH's savings account.

Still not brought the mesh - not sure why I just hate spending money.

Amazon voucher from survey came through tonight so have ordered fathers day present.
    Will need to get my Dad something, he doesn't know what he wants so will probably be chocolate as he does like to eat chocolate while watching TV.

Been doing surveys still and nearly up to £20 on Prolific so will hopefully be able to cash out later this week.

Feeling much more positive even though I have not looked at the budget again or read the finance books - the books are on the bedside table ready to read at some point.
    Have been so busy and then tired each evening so not had a chance to read them.

Think that's all in the Elephant household - ooh Master Elephant is back from Uni for summer break - over 3mths off!!! He started driving lessons today and has a summer job lined up so that will earn some pennies for him.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Glad you're feeling happier :D lovely to hear x

Great news on the sales and mower too
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hope you're okay x
  • Amazing result with the mower and great news about the summer job lined up already.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Forumite
    Thanks guys for popping in. DS' summer job is the one he has been going to for a couple of summers - the job is boring (apparently) but the pay is good for his age so he has to stick with it!!

I have paid £100 back to DH's savings account and have done some more PA surveys and cashed out so just transferred £50 to my bank account - when that hits I will then move it back to DH's savings account.

I still have £12 in there and my mesh is between £20 - £30 depending on the size so need to do a few more surveys and get the mesh ordered as my cabbages need to go out.

Have been trying to do a few surveys each evening - I have printed my old list and am slowly working my way through that to see what points/money I have with each and hopefully getting to payout on some.

Plus, hidden does surveys which are different to mine so I am thinking that I will close some of my current ones and open accounts with the ones she does.

This weekend I need to get on top of YNAB and also pay my brown bill bill for the year.
    Need to also send extra money to DH's debts - he has been spending again (but not depressed this time) and that money wouldn't have been there if I had sent the money to his debts at the start of the month.

Need to get on top of the housework as well as the house is a tip - ideal weather for washing and housework as its too hot to go on the allotment.

Hope you all have a fab weekend.
  • Hiddenidenity
    I think we all find sites which work better for ourselves, I struggle on swagbucks, and I hate that opinionworld/outpost disqualifies you right at the end of a survey. So I've fell out with them :o

My friend I told about PA doesnt like PA yet I love it! It's one of the best I've come across so far.

We all find our own way :)

I still can't get my head round ynab, at all. I've watched hours of videos etc and I just can't do it :o I'm not very clever though :rotfl:

Hope you have a nice day x
  • Eager_Elephant
    Forumite
    I still can't get my head round ynab, at all. I've watched hours of videos etc and I just can't do it :o I'm not very clever though :rotfl:

Hope you have a nice day x

Strictly speaking I don't use YNAB in the 'correct' way. I am on the old version and just use it as a budgeting tool and also to track spends.
    I know that money towards annual bills should sit in the main account until needed but I am not at that stage yet and I'm quite happy using it as I am.

When my old computer went bang I lost a years worth of YNAB data but I had looked at it the week before and got the shock of my life with regard to how much of our income is spent in certain places (like supermarkets and our favourite chinese:rotfl:) plus it showed just what income we had in a year and that truly shocked me in to realising how much money we waste.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Forumite
    The £ 50 from Paypal which was from PA was in the bank within minutes so moved that back to DH's savings.

Have since nearly emptied one of his savings pots and paid off one of his debts - I have been throwing money at it for the last few months and there was nearly £450 left so just paid it off. Surely 1 less debt has to count for something when we apply for a mortgage again.
    Have also amended all his standing orders from £1 to £5 as that should also make it look slightly better. I noticed one s/o was for a debt which we have had no paperwork for in 3 years and also does not appear in credit report so have cancelled it and will see if they make contact and then can set it up again.

In more good news for DH he has been given a payrise of £2k a year from September - you might remember he started a new job in Jan, he absolutely loves it and the owner loves him so that will be an extra £130ish in his pay each month.

In survey news I have been keeping up with PA and checking it throughout the day at work when it has been quiet - I have £11 ready for pay out and £12 pending so once I get to £20 ready to pay out I will cash out.

Have also been doing a few other surveys but haven't checked all my survey accounts yet.

Have brought YNAB up to date and we have overspent again this month - if you read parsnip's thread this is a repeat rant - I didn't do a big shop at the start of the month so we have been getting bits each weekend but spending loads on junk which only lasts that weekend and now the shopping budget has all gone and I had to take money from the household account which is meant for things like the brown bin and hoover bags - as a result the brown bin bill has not been paid and we have had a reminder and we can't have any collections until paid. The bin is due to be collected today and luckily as it has been so hot DH didn't mow the lawn so they don't have anything in them. Will make sure brown bin bill is paid on payday.

I really need to reign my family in and do a big shop at the start of the month and then top up when I am on my own as I will stick to a list!!!

At the weekend I got on top of the housework and washing as DH had to work and by Sunday it was back to the usual mess as I didn't keep on top of the washing at it dried and it is all sitting on a chair in the living room - I have been sorting a little bit each night as well as trying to keep up with general housework.

God my life is boring - work, housework, more housework and sleep!!!!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Glad to hear of your husband's payrise. That's good news.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport