Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2)

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 13 February 2018 at 8:50PM
    Blimey.
    You do have a lot on your plate.
    Have to say if your OH had been mine he would have now been my ex OH.
    No wonder you are having problems :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sorry just needed to get it all out. Just offloaded to my Mum and she!!!8217;s been great but said youll feel better if you get the house sold. I will yes, but I dont think she realises I can!!!8217;t concentrate on that at the moment
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • I'm with beanie on this, he would have been living on snake oil soup for some time.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Perhaps you need to tell the (lets keep it polite) OH that it is the massaging that is doing the good - and not the absolute fortune he may as well have p***** up the wall. You get the same with these face creams. The thing is when people pay lots of money for these things they read the instructions & like with face creams it says massage in for 10 mins per day. Because it is so expensive they obey the instructions. Massage in a cheapo for 10 minuites a day, but no-one does because after all it is only a cheapo.
  • Uniscots97
    I think you could be right badmemory, this thing also has so many health and side effects warnings on it it;s scary
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Nob0dy
    Nob0dy Posts: 20 Forumite
    Uniscots97 wrote: »
    !!!8217;
    Technical Version (skip to solution if not interested)
    What you are using is not an apostrophe, it is a right single quotation mark.

The right single quotation mark is probably not supported by the forum's font and as such is showing the ASCII code behind it (8217) as it's not able to find the relevant character, whereas I believe the apostrophe is actually defined as single quote and has a 39 code.

Solution
    You're using the wrong character, check on your keyboard where you have an actual apostrophe and use that one.
    Starting Debt: £15,570.06
    Current Debt: £14,169.64
    Target: October 2019
  • I agree with Beanie and Redo - I would have kicked him out by now, closely followed by his hair stuff!
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 035. Fashion on the Ration: 24/66 coupons spent.
  • Uniscots97
    Nob0dy wrote: »
    Technical Version (skip to solution if not interested)
    What you are using is not an apostrophe, it is a right single quotation mark.

The right single quotation mark is probably not supported by the forum's font and as such is showing the ASCII code behind it (8217) as it's not able to find the relevant character, whereas I believe the apostrophe is actually defined as single quote and has a 39 code.

Solution
    You're using the wrong character, check on your keyboard where you have an actual apostrophe and use that one.

Thanks I’m using an iPad so it’s automatically putting the apostrophe in.
  • Uniscots97
    You made me laugh Capricornlass, thank you. I think id prefer to return the hair stuff and get the money back.
    Im looking forward to getting paid so I can make payments towards my cc. I have everything for LO birthday, so nothing on cc thankfully. Got an email from my energy supplier and my payments are going down so the extra £40 will be going towards my debt. I got £6 from surveys so once that!!!8217;s through I!!!8217;ll add it to my total.
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    But think how handsome he will be when his hair growth stuff takes effect
    :eek:
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing