PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Options

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    caronc wrote: »

PN - I think you should link us your blog if you feel comfortable doing so :cool:, as you say most don't cater for the realities of CFO so s@d the lack of lifestyle shots (I'm sure if it's of the standard of the photos you show here it will be pretty decent:))
    I second that. It's the content that's important not fancy pictures or stories of a perfect airbrushed family, and I for one like what you post here and your way of writing.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself the offspring are all away and I've managed to put my back out so I'm crabbit with that:(. A good excuse though to treat myself to a "posh" breakfast of toast, avocado, grated cheese and spoonful of salsa that I found lurking and that's three thing used up from the various tubs in the fridge. I 'll go through the fridge later and freeze anything that I'm not going to use up today - chilli and refried beans are all I think. I ended up cooking rice rather than pasta last night so I've a spare portion of that to freeze as well. I've had quite a lot of spicy food the last few days and much as I love it I think tonight I fancy something plainer but I'll see what I fancy later.:)
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself the offspring are all away and I've managed to put my back out so I'm crabbit with that:(. A good excuse though to treat myself to a "posh" breakfast of toast, avocado, grated cheese and spoonful of salsa that I found lurking and that's three thing used up from the various tubs in the fridge. I 'll go through the fridge later and freeze anything that I'm not going to use up today - chilli and refried beans are all I think. I ended up cooking rice rather than pasta last night so I've a spare portion of that to freeze as well. I've had quite a lot of spicy food the last few days and much as I love it I think tonight I fancy something plainer but I'll see what I fancy later.:)

Hugs hope its better soon, nothing worse than a bad back and nobody around to help xx
    Slimming World at target
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

PN - I think you should ...
    I second that. It's the content that's important not fancy pictures or stories of a perfect airbrushed family, and I for one like what you post here and your way of writing.
    I've quietly just now placed it in my profile.

I don't write there the same as I do here as here I can be "more instant/flippant" in a short post - whereas there, with a bigger piece, it can be difficult to be in those instant/flippant moods :)

It's not very well organised though ...either :)

Ah well ... love it or hate it, there it is. Maybe I'll toss in the occasional link where appropriate.... like my Christmas Dinner for One (v1). It'll be different this year. http://www.foodcheats.com/christmas-dinner-for-one-2016

Billy No Mates showcasing at it's laptray finest.
  • Hollyharvey
    Options

I don't write there the same as I do here as here I can be "more instant/flippant" in a short post - whereas there, with a bigger piece, it can be difficult to be in those instant/flippant moods :)

Ah well ... love it or hate it, there it is. Maybe I'll toss in the occasional link where appropriate.... like my Christmas Dinner for One (v1). It'll be different this year. http://www.foodcheats.com/christmas-dinner-for-one-2016

I'm impressed :). I've had a look around and I really like it. I don't know why you're worried about the photos they're fine, nothing wrong with them at all.

You've got a lot of really useful stuff on there for those of us cfo :).
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm impressed :). I've had a look around and I really like it. I don't know why you're worried about the photos they're fine, nothing wrong with them at all.

It "lacks focus" in that it's "my stuff, what I've got" and so not targetted towards one (expensive) gadget, or feeding a family, or dealing with specific lifestyles.

One minute I'm posting about a pasty I bought from 4ldi - and the next I'm whipping up an instant pud in the nuke box.

But, I never intended to have "a following", people eager to discover the next "secret for .... success" in something. People find some stuff from Google, it answers their question, so that's nice.

It's certainly not an "eating plan".

I guess it's an anti-food-shaming fest of nonsense and pies.

It's how one weirdo Billy No Mates gets hot food onto a plate - and has a method of reminding themselves of nice things and bad (to avoid).

Maybe the tagline could be: CFO when it's NOT fun! It gets the job done, soonest, with the smallest of budgets and gadgets ... non-aspirational scoffing :)
  • caronc
    Options

It's fab - thank you for sharing :D

Completely agree :D
    It "lacks focus" in that it's "my stuff, what I've got" and so not targetted towards one (expensive) gadget, or feeding a family, or dealing with specific lifestyles.

One minute I'm posting about a pasty I bought from 4ldi - and the next I'm whipping up an instant pud in the nuke box.

But, I never intended to have "a following", people eager to discover the next "secret for .... success" in something. People find some stuff from Google, it answers their question, so that's nice.

It's certainly not an "eating plan".

I guess it's an anti-food-shaming fest of nonsense and pies.

It's how one weirdo Billy No Mates gets hot food onto a plate - and has a method of reminding themselves of nice things and bad (to avoid).

Maybe the tagline could be: CFO when it's NOT fun! It gets the job done, soonest, with the smallest of budgets and gadgets ... non-aspirational scoffing :)
    Stuff that - it's seems to do exactly what it says:D
  • caronc
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    Hugs hope its better soon, nothing worse than a bad back and nobody around to help xx
    Thanks Meg, it's bleeding typical that having had a houseful the past few days, this has happened when everyone has left I'd really appreciate someone making me a cuppa :(. Still it's probably good for it as I need to remain semi-mobile ;)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2017 at 2:06PM
    Options
    Oooh caron - sympathies on having done your back in.

Been there/done that - and agh!:eek: it hurts and is a worry when living on your own. I really hated it when I did mine in a couple of times - and the money I landed up spending at an osteopaths to get it sorted asap.:(

Sympathies on that one. I well remember all that very cautious moving-around in case it hurt again. I felt like a bent-over crab.

Quick google as to what "crabbit" means - and have decided I might adopt that word myself. It's quite an expressive word for how I'm feeling right now myself - ie my brother is trying to manoeuvre me into being "a carer" to suit himself. I've told my parents to spend whatever money they need to to get whatever help they need to - but I've now realised my brother probably hasnt said that to them and is hoping I will "fill the gaps" so they dont spend any money:eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad: I've "got news" for my brother = it's the 21st century now - where people don't get manoeuvred like that just because they're women:cool::cool::cool:. I shall be re-doubling my attempts to persuade my parents to spend it/fling it all away/its your money anyway to get whatever they need or want and expletive deleted re my greedy little brother....:cool:

So - lunch hasnt happened today and I'm about to send my brother something that will have him choking on his dinner:rotfl:. Errrm...yep...that means right now "I am livid" with him.

Dinner here today - yep...a CFO repeat of summat I did yesterday - so a concoction of lentils/spinach/onions. Guess I'll have it with the last of my home-grown tomatoes and some tahini sauce again. Still eating up lots of frozen fruit from the garden (both my own and other peoples) - so I guess that will be pudding after that.
  • Hollyharvey
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

When moving the frozen food from the old freezer to the new one I found 6 unlabelled packages, and one of them looks like a nice piece of steak that I didn't know was in there. I'm going to have that with some salad and oven chips for dinner tonight. I'm looking forward to that :).

I'm going to eat the other unidentified packages this week as well, so that they are all out of the way. Then I know that my list of what is in there is accurate. It will be interesting to see what I end up eating this week :).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure