DWP Interview with Compliance Officer

I'm A little bit concerned about a letter I received today from a compliance officer at my local job centre. It states that I need to meet them for an interview as they are reviewing my benefits and circumstances.
The language used in the letter is very curt and very abrupt not the most pleasant of letters I received, and it does state and I quote "if you're not available for this interview your benefit payment will stop.
It also lists things I need to take with me including bank statement et cetera et cetera, but surprisingly it only asks for the latest proof of documentation

Does anybody have any knowledge or information regarding such interviews. Is this something I should be worried about?

Basically I clean yesterday and having benefit. Technically I am employed, but I have been on long-term sick for just under two years. I had an accident at quarter cup when I injured my back. Obviously my company is sick pay has run out now hence benefits claim. I have been open and honest with the DWP from the start so I don't think there would be any confusion about my plan sec I have been open and honest with the DWP from the start so I don't think there would be any confusion about my employment status. The only thing I can think of is that just recently my company insurance company has agreed to pay it's not my salary protection payment once more, however due to my accident I had to reduce my working contract to part time which is means The amount of income protection I received is quite low. I did inform my benefit officer of this change in circumstance, and was advised that technically I can earn up to £400 per month working part time without it affecting my benefits. What I receive from income protection is just under that so it should have no impact on my benefits.
I'm wondering if this is actually true?

Any help would be gladly received. Thanks.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm A little bit concerned about a letter I received today from a compliance officer at my local job centre. It states that I need to meet them for an interview as they are reviewing my benefits and circumstances.
    The language used in the letter is very curt and very abrupt not the most pleasant of letters I received, and it does state and I quote "if you're not available for this interview your benefit payment will stop.
    It also lists things I need to take with me including bank statement et cetera et cetera, but surprisingly it only asks for the latest proof of documentation

Does anybody have any knowledge or information regarding such interviews. Is this something I should be worried about?

Basically I clean yesterday and having benefit. Technically I am employed, but I have been on long-term sick for just under two years. I had an accident at quarter cup when I injured my back. Obviously my company is sick pay has run out now hence benefits claim. I have been open and honest with the DWP from the start so I don't think there would be any confusion about my plan sec I have been open and honest with the DWP from the start so I don't think there would be any confusion about my employment status. The only thing I can think of is that just recently my company insurance company has agreed to pay it's not my salary protection payment once more, however due to my accident I had to reduce my working contract to part time which is means The amount of income protection I received is quite low. I did inform my benefit officer of this change in circumstance, and was advised that technically I can earn up to £400 per month working part time without it affecting my benefits. What I receive from income protection is just under that so it should have no impact on my benefits.
    I'm wondering if this is actually true?

Any help would be gladly received. Thanks.
    What benefits are you currently receiving?
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Why are you still employed? (are you sure you are??)
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    The letter itself is a standard one, so the language used will be the normal DWP terminology. There is nothing to worry about if you have been honest in your claim. Some of these are just done at random, others because they have information from one source or another which is at odds with what they already hold.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Why are you still employed? (are you sure you are??)

In my old job we had an employee who was off sick for more than a decade because we provided insurance cover equating to 75% of pay. The employee was paid as normal and the company received a monthly sum to cover the gross pay, employers NIC and employer's pension contribution. It sounds as though the OP may be in receipt of similar as he mentions "my company insurance company", though the poor English makes it hard to fathom.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    An income protection payment is not earned income. It may have an effect on your benefit payments but it's not clear what benefits you are on so we can't advise further.
  • Can any one help I got married phoned dwp to tell them I had got married but didnot live with him. They have received call saying I live with him and rent my council house out which is not true i live there with my daughter and child he has his place. My 2nd interview they said it's just a phone call got nothing else to go on they also said I didn't try to tell them there was change of circumstances which I did and they eventully found the call log. They are saying now the must see my marrage certificate as proff if I'd ut marrage certificate is not proff of I'd do I have to show it them as my witness dont want there names going on file at dwp I was not under cation just an advisor I have since found small job and signed off any advice plz
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Caronm wrote: »
    Can any one help I got married phoned dwp to tell them I had got married but didnot live with him. They have received call saying I live with him and rent my council house out which is not true i live there with my daughter and child he has his place. My 2nd interview they said it's just a phone call got nothing else to go on they also said I didn't try to tell them there was change of circumstances which I did and they eventully found the call log. They are saying now the must see my marrage certificate as proff if I'd ut marrage certificate is not proff of I'd do I have to show it them as my witness dont want there names going on file at dwp I was not under cation just an advisor I have since found small job and signed off any advice plz
    Anyone can get your marriage certificate, may as well show them.
  • A compliance interview means the DWP wont be considering prosecuting you as the interview will not be under caution. If they were considering prosecution they would have had to tell you in advance in your letter you received. You don't say what benefit you are on but income protection is not earnings, you would have had to informed the DWP as soon as you started receiving. Guessing the DWP will create an overpayment which is what they need to speak to you. Go with all the info you have of the income protection info possibly to CAB beforehand and speak to them before seeing the DWP.
  • This is my second letter about this now, My first was issued after I appealed the bed room tax and won my case, The council worker who came out and inspected the bed rooms and took photos reported me for having a partner living with me, Had to sign a statement that I had no partner living with me, This time am having to go again unless I been reported for the same thing again I have no idea why I been sent out again to attend the jog centre again, Am going and I will be taking someone with me for support have nothing to worry about and I will tell the truth that is all I can do
  • Rua
    Rua Posts: 2 Newbie
    I had a compliance interview over a year ago. DWP had already suspended my pension credit on 03 July 2017. I had 0 notification of outcome so had 0 to challenge.
    Attempts to get a response got nowhere. In desperation filled in a new app for pc & put in notes section about the above and asked for pc to be backdated from 10 July 2017. That got a swift response. Ive been called for another compliance interview in 2 days time. Can i take my own written statement rather than sign what they produce & can they introduce any new material? I feel that if they felt it right to stop what is after all what the govt says brings my income up to what one needs to live on, they should have notified me of that over a year ago. If they're bringing new stuff in, I should be told what. For tbe last interview they had me produce all bank acc statements going back to 2014. Now they want all for the last 6 months.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback