Amazon Logistics (rant)

Options
:mad:

Ordered a couple of items separately from Amazon recently. Had an email on Friday saying that they would be delivered by Amazon Logistics that day. I checked my account mid afternoon and the order status for both items read "Delivered". Only they hadn't been delivered! Not to me anyway. The time of delivery was 13:57, at which time I was in and would have heard any knocking/doorbell. I have checked all around the outside of the house to see if they have been dumped somewhere - no sign. So !!!!!! has happened to my stuff... are we looking at theft or incompetence here???

:mad:
*removed by forumteam - please do not advertise in signatures*

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ask Amazon?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    i'd use their online chat system to ask - they've usually been very good when i've had late deliveries
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Who do they use as their courier?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Amazon Logistics are Amazon's own courier service
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    When I lived in a block of flats I would always go to the front door for deliveries, I would not expect them to come in the building. I also would not moan about them calling on a Sunday, nor would I call anyone a moron.

I do feel sorry for couriers at times, some customers will look for any reason to be difficult and rude.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Amazon logistics - http://tamebay.com/2013/09/amazon-logistics-deliveries-to-your-doorstep.html

Seem to be small, possibly self employed, couriers using their own cars from what I have seen.

First thing I had delivered by them didn't arrive despite tracking saying it had. Contacted Amazon and they sent out a replacement immediately. No other problems since.

Like the fact that they actually deliver weekends, much more convenient. :T
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seriously?

Firstly, no one else has a problem with delivering things to my door. If I lived in a house I wouldn't expect to have to collect things from the end of a driveway or halfway down the street, why should it be different just because I live in a flat? The main door to the building is not my address, it is not where I live. If I've paid for something delivering to my address, I expect the person delivering it to actually bring it to my address.

Secondly, I wasn't moaning about them delivering on a Sunday, more expressing surprise as it's the first time in my life I've had something delivered (or attempted, anyway) on a Sunday, and the delivery date was meant to be tomorrow, so I was fast asleep not expecting anyone to call.

Thirdly, I answered the intercom and all the guy said was "I've got a delivery for you" so I said "great, I'll buzz you up", buzzed and then waited - I used the word moron somewhat out of frustration because it was fairly obvious from both sides that he was bringing the parcel up, so where the frick did he go? If he didn't want to come upstairs why didn't he say so at the time? Clearly at this point he went "nah, frick it" and left without saying anything, who does that? At no point was I difficult or rude to him.

They send you an email saying delivery will be on X day and then they send you an email to remind you they are coming that day. Sunday deliveries are to increase the success rate of B2C deliveries.

Of course, this only works if they don't deliver a day earlier than the dispatch emails indicate (I have never had AL deliver before the email updates inform me they will up to now...)
  • therivierakid
    therivierakid Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tomtontom wrote: »
    I'd say a mild case of incompetence - in thinking you'll get an answer from an internet forum rather than asking the courier/ retailer directly.

I have asked them directly! I was posting to here to vent my frustration!
    *removed by forumteam - please do not advertise in signatures*
  • xsunnysuex
    xsunnysuex Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My order email said "Posted Through Letter Box" No idea who's letter box it was delivered to. Certainly wasn't mine.
    Amazon were quick sending a replacement though.
  • JohnG
    JohnG Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thought I would see if others are having problems with Amazon Logistics and saw this thread which reflects a similar experience I'm having with Amazon Logistics.
    I was informed by email this morning that pkg was going to be dlvd today then have been updated this afternoon to say that pkg had been dlvd 'left in porch'. No one was at home at the time they stated but there is no sign of it having checked everywhere and spoken to neighbours who would have around who could and would have taken the pkg on our behalf (as we all often do if we see a dlvy being made for one of us). It's possible it could have been pinched but very unlikely as neighbours are around and our porch area is well away from passers by.
    I've contacted 'Amazon Logistics' by phone and they are looking into it so hopefully all will be well but I must admit I'm not overly impressed by this new service of theirs as the last one was a bit problematic ie they were 'Unable to Deliver' as no one in. We got an email to this effect, they didn't leave a card so make's me wonder if they actually tried on that occasion?
    In the past, our many Amazon orders have been trouble free (except for one occasion many moons ago) so will soon lose confidence in their service if these sort of problems continue to keep happening. Certainly the service seems a bit iffy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback