The "no frills, no gremlins (hopefully)" cross-stitch cafe

Comments

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    edited 24 June 2013 at 9:08PM
    ohh dear M_O_S.
    I had an interview at Liverpool Hope for my degree and it was my 2nd choice, I liked it.
    Hope she gets the one she wants.

Can i please post a public apology for anyone who thinks my 'moderation' of this thread in a bit to keep it lighthearted, legal and friendly has been OTT.

It is never my intention to upset people, just to try and keep the group a happy/ helpful place (especially when the attitude shown by a handful of new posters have caused upset and anger from people that I have grown to count as good friends).

However I need to draw a line. Seems everytime I log in there is someone ready to annoy me on at least 1 thread. I no longer accept !!!! from people in my personal life and refuse to put up with it online.

I'll be around periodically to check in, hey I can't afford to leave MSE!!! Will try and keep my diary updated etc (hey if I'm not posting here I might remember to do it there ).

If anyone wants to add me on facebook then PM me and I'll send a linky (or find me thro the MSE cafe facebook page).

Happy stitching to all.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Squishy
    Squishy Posts: 721 Forumite
    Please don't go, Chicky :( I don't think you were OTT at all xx
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,286 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Chicky - don't go. (I can recommend putting really annoying posters on your ignore list, it works wonders :D)
  • ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I love the tiger lillies, blackwork rose and x-s rose, what a talented bunch !
  • victoriajj
    victoriajj Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    ohh dear M_O_S.
    I had an interview at Liverpool Hope for my degree and it was my 2nd choice, I liked it.

Can i please post a public apology for anyone who thinks my 'moderation' of this thread in a bit to keep it lighthearted, legal and friendly has been OTT.

It is never my intention to upset people, just to try and keep the group a happy/ helpful place (especially when the attitude shown by a handful of new posters have caused upset and anger from people that I have grown to count as good friends).

However I need to draw a line. Seems everytime I log in there is someone ready to annoy me on at least 1 thread. I no longer accept !!!! from people in my personal life and refuse to put up with it online.

I'll be around periodically to check in, hey I can't afford to leave MSE!!! Will try and keep my diary updated etc (hey if I'm not posting here I might remember to do it there :rotfl: ).

If anyone wants to add me on facebook then PM me and I'll send a linky (or find me thro the MSE cafe facebook page).

Happy stitching to all.

I know I very rarely post but I read everyday. Please don't leave Chicky as your moderation always seems fair and helpful
  • winniepooh
    winniepooh Posts: 943 Forumite
    ohh dear M_O_S.

I'll be around periodically to check in, hey I can't afford to leave MSE!!! Will try and keep my diary updated etc (hey if I'm not posting here I might remember to do it there :rotfl: ).

Happy stitching to all.

Hi hunni. I think ive missed something because im not sure who you think youve upset. I can't see how you setting a new thread up has upset anyone hunni. Please dont leave. Ive not been here that long but you've always made me feel welcome. Thank you
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • Chicky, please don't go. :(
  • Tracey2609
    Tracey2609 Posts: 251 Forumite
    JCS1 wrote: »
    Here is the blackwork rose:

9108912421_2def273e23.jpg
    And the cross stitch one:

9108914245_833c45b9f3.jpg

Beadwork one is missing/lurking at the back of the cupboard, will look again tomorrow.

Off to look at replacement cameras, yellow photos and horizontal lines not good :eek:

Just lurking - really love the Blackwork version!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be a Unicorn - then always be a Unicorn !
    No More Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - Joined May 2013

28x UU
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 June 2013 at 4:05PM
    I think I've finally lost it. Last night I picked up some stitching for the first time since the weekend. It was the wedding ring pillow which should be finished ie made into a cushion by the end of next month. Adive just realised that i wasted at least 20 mins good stitching time looking for a particular pair of scissors that "match" that project:eek:
    I did find them in the end. I think DGD had "tidied them away"

So it's confession time When I kit up a project I look through my collection of scissors and choose the ones that go best with the project. Does anyone else have any unusual rituals they are prepared to share or am I on my own here?:o

Scissor wise, its usually whichever pair I can find..... but if its a project I've picked from a magazine then I like to have all the threads for each project with the chart and material. Typical example of this is the newton bear designs which featured in the World of Cross Stitch mag every month for a little while. There were lots of these I wanted to stitch so despite the fact that the threads for the bear were the same I had to have a skein of thread for each individual project?! even though this meant I had lots of duplicates and more of the bear colours.

Chicky, I echo other posters. you are part of the furniture. You are not allowed to go.
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi ladies.

Couple of comments in reply to old thread first,

MOS. Very nice finishes, I especially like the hearts. Nice ebay bargain too!

JCS. Very nice framed pieces, I especially like the farm scene.

New thread, hope it works better for those of you who had problems with the old one.

FOS. I don't thinkI have any rituals really, only thing I do make sure of is that I wash my hands everytime before stitching.

PAP. Look forward to progress pics of your blackwork.

Chicky. I assume you have been PM'd as I can't see anything on the thread but I agree with the others, don't leave because someone doesn't like what you do. If someone thinks that you looking out for us as a group is OTT then they can always stop reading the thread and go elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure