The "no frills, no gremlins (hopefully)" cross-stitch cafe

Options

Comments

• flowerofscotland
    Options
    I think I've finally lost it. Last night I picked up some stitching for the first time since the weekend. It was the wedding ring pillow which should be finished ie made into a cushion by the end of next month. Adive just realised that i wasted at least 20 mins good stitching time looking for a particular pair of scissors that "match" that project:eek:
    I did find them in the end. I think DGD had "tidied them away"

So it's confession time When I kit up a project I look through my collection of scissors and choose the ones that go best with the project. Does anyone else have any unusual rituals they are prepared to share or am I on my own here?:o
  • Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh...new thread. Thanks Chicky :T

I didn't have any issues on the old one (I use phone, tablet and desktop and they were all fine) but glad to see that the new thread has sorted the issues some of you were having.

I'm going to try and get some stitching done later. After I've been to Costco, delivered two boxes of fishing trophies, bought a shedload of birdseed etc., etc., etc.
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,288 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think I've finally lost it. Last night I picked up some stitching for the first time since the weekend. It was the wedding ring pillow which should be finished ie made into a cushion by the end of next month. Adive just realised that i wasted at least 20 mins good stitching time looking for a particular pair of scissors that "match" that project:eek:
    I did find them in the end. I think DGD had "tidied them away"

So it's confession time When I kit up a project I look through my collection of scissors and choose the ones that go best with the project. Does anyone else have any unusual rituals they are prepared to share or am I on my own here?:o

I do the same - select a certain pair of scissors and use those for a particular project. Glad to see I'm not the only one!
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    Black work is very effective. I've only done a few small pieces but would love to do more. I liked Needlework magazine because of the variety of techniques not just xs ( sorry if that is heresy on this thread:D)

IMHO I would not stitch a birthday greeting on the heart as it may mark it out as a birthday card rather than something for permanent display Your idea of a label on the back is perfect

Just waiting for the torrential rain to ease before heading to the shops for weekly essentials

Thanks FOS, you have made my mind up... Now to make a card for the back *sigh*

Yes blackwork is amazing and they effects are wonderfall. However I haven't found anything that I truely loved yet. I liked the little sheep but I didn't want to be a sheep ;) and follow everyone on this thread that has completed it. This one has a lovely design of a lady quilting beside a lamp and I thought that was a nice design. So that is going to me my mini project along side the christmas angel :T
  • JCS1
    Options
    I liked Needlework magazine for the variety also, they once had a series of the same design (it was a red rose) in cross stitch, blackwork and beadwork. I had them all framed in the same mount/frame and they do look very effective.
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    JCS1 wrote: »
    I liked Needlework magazine for the variety also, they once had a series of the same design (it was a red rose) in cross stitch, blackwork and beadwork. I had them all framed in the same mount/frame and they do look very effective.
    Ooh I'd love to see a photo

I've got a xs of tiger lilies which I display next to a gold work design of tiger lilies which I didn't do but bought t a needlework exhibition

6318143384_557ec7f9c9_n.jpg
    Tiger Lillies by stitchyfeather, on Flickr
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    We had to take eldest DD to Liverpool university today for their open day, so we left at 6am this morning and knew we would have a 3+ hours drive each way and as DH was driving I thought it would be a great opportunity to wind the new threads on to the bobbins.

So I got everything ready, packed in the bag and we set off..........only to find I had forgotten to pack the bobbins! I think old age is starting to set in! :rotfl:
  • Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    We had to take eldest DD to Liverpool university today for their open day, so we left at 6am this morning and knew we would have a 3+ hours drive each way and as DH was driving I thought it would be a great opportunity to wind the new threads on to the bobbins.

So I got everything ready, packed in the bag and we set off..........only to find I had forgotten to pack the bobbins! I think old age is starting to set in! :rotfl:

I know we shouldn't, but :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ahem!

Hope your daughter had a good time at the open day at least :D
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    Mags_cat wrote: »
    I know we shouldn't, but :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ahem!

Hope your daughter had a good time at the open day at least :D

Yeah, DH &DD laughed just as hard! :o

DD had a lovely time but not sure if it would be her first choice although the vet med course she wants to do is ranked 2nd at Liverpool.
  • JCS1
    Options
    Here is the blackwork rose:

9108912421_2def273e23.jpg
    And the cross stitch one:

9108914245_833c45b9f3.jpg

Beadwork one is missing/lurking at the back of the cupboard, will look again tomorrow.

Off to look at replacement cameras, yellow photos and horizontal lines not good :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure