IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket in own bay No Permit - appeal rejected

Options

Comments

• aleks1244
    aleks1244 Posts: 75 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 8:24PM
    Options
    Hello, just to be sure i have not made any mistakes which i think i have after reading the newbie thread.

I received a windscreen ticket, and i was daft enough to log on their website paymypcn-uk and view evidence and reply with an appeal. I had to put my address in the appeal as I have received the debt collectors letter. This appeal was done before I found this site so now im a little worried i could have made a silly mistake which could later be used against me.

Firstly newbie thread states -

"consider waiting 3 weeks" - which was my mistake because i replied via their website within a day or two as i never had any problems like this before and i thought it would be an easy appeal as I do have a permit.

I have the ticket infront of me and the firm Parking Control Management is Accredited IPC Operator

In my appeal i said i have a permit bla bla so they know im the owner of the car, so could there be a problem that I have appealed day or two after finding ticket on windscreen and not waiting three weeks?

I have now found an appeal draft for IPC members which I did not use as i put my own text together which was another mistake.

Do I still reply to debt collectors with the template from newbie thread even though it says please note - it is to late to appeal the original parking ticket. in line with industry standards the next available level of dispute resolution would be the county court. OR do i send another appeal to the same website that left the windscreen ticket?? the text from the newbie thread sound 10x professional from what I have written.

If it is to late to send them the professional text by forum members and my appeal is to childish (im only 21) is it better to pay or still ignore?

I have called the estate number asking for help they said I should contact Hallmark Reading as they employ these people to control parking in the area, if i contact them should it be my phone or email to ask if they can cancel this for me as i do have a permit i have lived in the area for a year and extended contract for another year and as mentioned before there is nothing of permits in my contract.

I know it says read about debt collector letters but just to make you aware on the postal letter I have received from the it says they are also IPC and CSA

on the back of the letter they have written also - for free confidential debt advice you can contact citizen advice, and a few different services is there anything to worry about?>

/I have seen the draft letters to debt collectors, should i reply to them ? they are called - tracerecovery.co.uk or should i ignore?

I have tried searching for info about this company and there is nothing i can find

my questions is - PAY because you are daft and you messed up as the steps were not followed from newbie thread

or its never to late as you can fix the mistakes you have made at the beginning,

Will the management company say it is to late for them to do anything as it has been taken to a debt collectors company or can they still help??

please help im still young and stupid and sometimes it is difficult to understand some points

im very worried as i have a child and paying large amounts of cash later is not something i want as i would prefer to spend money on my child.
  • aleks1244
    aleks1244 Posts: 75 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 8:26PM
    Options
    thanks Coupon for your reply i have just sent another post now and was not aware that you have also replied to my previous post (thought you d be angry that another person skipped the newbie thread), thanks for your help it helps me unstress!

And you are right I do watch Cant Pay We Will Take it away!
    haha
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Watch it more closely next time, they are High Court bailiffs with a writ. Not 'debt collectors'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 October 2016 at 9:58PM
    Options
    aleks1244 wrote: »
    Hello, just to be sure i have not made any mistakes which i think i have after reading the newbie thread.

I received a windscreen ticket, and i was daft enough to log on their website paymypcn-uk and view evidence and reply with an appeal. I had to put my address in the appeal as I have received the debt collectors letter. This appeal was done before I found this site so now im a little worried i could have made a silly mistake which could later be used against me.

Firstly newbie thread states -

"consider waiting 3 weeks" - which was my mistake because i replied via their website within a day or two as i never had any problems like this before and i thought it would be an easy appeal as I do have a permit.

I have the ticket infront of me and the firm Parking Control Management is Accredited IPC Operator

In my appeal i said i have a permit bla bla so they know im the owner of the car, so could there be a problem that I have appealed day or two after finding ticket on windscreen and not waiting three weeks?

I have now found an appeal draft for IPC members which I did not use as i put my own text together which was another mistake.

Do I still reply to debt collectors with the template from newbie thread even though it says please note - it is to late to appeal the original parking ticket. in line with industry standards the next available level of dispute resolution would be the county court. OR do i send another appeal to the same website that left the windscreen ticket?? the text from the newbie thread sound 10x professional from what I have written.

If it is to late to send them the professional text by forum members and my appeal is to childish (im only 21) is it better to pay or still ignore?

I have called the estate number asking for help they said I should contact Hallmark Reading as they employ these people to control parking in the area, if i contact them should it be my phone or email to ask if they can cancel this for me as i do have a permit i have lived in the area for a year and extended contract for another year and as mentioned before there is nothing of permits in my contract.

I know it says read about debt collector letters but just to make you aware on the postal letter I have received from the it says they are also IPC and CSA

on the back of the letter they have written also - for free confidential debt advice you can contact citizen advice, and a few different services is there anything to worry about?>

/I have seen the draft letters to debt collectors, should i reply to them ? they are called - tracerecovery.co.uk or should i ignore?

I have tried searching for info about this company and there is nothing i can find

my questions is - PAY because you are daft and you messed up as the steps were not followed from newbie thread

or its never to late as you can fix the mistakes you have made at the beginning,

Will the management company say it is to late for them to do anything as it has been taken to a debt collectors company or can they still help??

please help im still young and stupid and sometimes it is difficult to understand some points

im very worried as i have a child and paying large amounts of cash later is not something i want as i would prefer to spend money on my child.

... and breathe.

Appealing a windscreen ticket early is not the best thing to do, buy it is not fatal.

It doesn't matter if the PPC know who the owner/keeper is, they can find that info out by paying the DVLA 2.50. Revealing who was driving is not a good idea, but again all is not lost if that is what you have done.
    If you haven't given away the driver's details, then by appealing the windscreen ticket, you may never get a NTK, which then works in your favour.

Ignore debt collectors. It's that simple. I won't say it again.

Don't contact CAB. They know naff all about private parking companies.

Why come to a money saving website and ask if you should pay? I shall not lower myself to answer that question.

The landowner can get this cancelled. They are responsible for any and all sub contractors on their land.

You do not need to display a permit because it is not a requirement of your lease.

Have I missed anything?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't contact CAB. They know naff all about private parking companies.
    Totally agree, do not ask the CAB, they have no clue.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

As above plus you should actually follow your own suggestion and write. Whether they agree or not is not material as you letter shows you engaged early on to point out your rights ion the matter. Get proof of posting.

The Deep's suggestion could also be added though the word "offence" may be OTT as it would be a breach of contract and not an "offence".
    As your AST does not mention a permit you should complain to your landlord that the PPC/MA is interfering with your right to "quiet enjoyment" of your property, a possible offence under The Landlord and Tenant Acts.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    the word "offence" may be OTT as it would be a breach of contract and not an "offence".

The word is apposite, the Act is not part of the Law of contract
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    the word "offence" may be OTT as it would be a breach of contract and not an "offence".

The word is apposite, the Act is not part of the Law of contract

You may be right but it might help if the information was a bit narrower that the "Acts". Here is the 1985 Act. I can see 21 mentions of "offence". Do any of these apply to the situation?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/70
  • Parking-Prankster
    Options
    http://www.tracerecovery.co.uk/our-services/

lol

Our clients issue Parking Charge Notices where parking rules have been breached. Unfortunately many of these parking charges remain unpaid, not because the motorist cannot pay, but as in most cases, because motorists have been led to believe that they don’t have to pay an outstanding parking charge. The web is rife with forums advising the unsuspecting motorist that PCNs are not enforceable and that if the motorist ignores the notices sent out to them then the process will end and the charges will go away.

Other online advice will state that the parking charges are not legally enforceable. This advice is not only untrue, but also harmful to its target audience, leading law abiding motorists into situations where they are faced with court claims processes, solicitors fees and additional costs over and above the original parking charge.

These sometimes well-meaning, yet unscrupulous websites do not often provide accurate information such as the outcome of a recent landmark supreme court case: ParkingEye v Beavis, which was heard by The Supreme Court on the 4th of November 2015, where judgement was passed which proved that Parking Charge Notices are not only legal but also enforceable through the courts.

and

With over 30 years of experience in the UK parking industry, our team at TRACE Debt Recovery UK Limited bring unparalleled service levels and quality to the parking enforcement market.
    With quality and transparency as our underpinning ethos, we strive to treat each motorist with whom we interact, with fairness and respect

Newbies...incorporated 22 Mar 2016

Officers here
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10079126/officers

Not sure where they got their 30 years experience from...

Previous company names (for a month...)
    DCL DEBT COLLECTION LIMITED 22 Mar 2016 - 28 Apr 2016
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • Parking-Prankster
    Options
    They are members of the CSA and so holdable to account there. If they start telling fibs you can complain to the CSA
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure