Microsoft Office 2010 Discount for UK Armed Forces

Options

Comments

• Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I couldn't find that page when I was looking, everything I googled for Office Pro 10, took me to the latest version, which obviously my product key wouldn't work for.
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The problem with a torrent site, is that you cannot 100% be sure that the file has not been messed with.

You can run a MD5 / Hash Check of the downloaded file, however you need to know what the original hash was...

More about checks.. https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090103225500AABCpmD

I have seen it in versions of Windows, some of the "HOSTS" files have been modified, which enable fishing scams from the outset..
  • laconslynn
    Options
    I have just bought a new computer which has not got Office, I am ex WRAF and also Treasurer for the WAAF WRAF RAF(w) Assoc would I be able to get the office through the MOD?:beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Assuming that the MOD are still doing it then currently it is Office 2013. However you need a .mod.uk or .mil.uk email address to access the offer.

Whether being treasurer of that association entitles you to use the Home Use program is a question I cannot answer
  • josephinekt20
    Options
    Just to keep this thread alive, I can report that the scheme is alive and well (the links further up still work in other words) - and you do not need to be Army, what you do need is a current mod.uk email address. If you have one of those the Home Use program sends you an email with a link to the main site, pop MS Office 2013 in your basket and it still only charges you £8.95!
  • Trying_to_be_good
    Options
    And I finally managed to reactivate my Office Pro 13 programs this morning, working just fine as if nothing was ever missing! Weird,, but good result.

I didn't even need to enter the product code or any other info, just tried again with the download link from my original purchase in February on the RN defunct scheme. Hooray!
    Mortgage Free thanks to ill-health retirement
  • Fergie76
    Options
    You don't need to download from a Torrent Site.

If you have issues with Activation, you can telephone them for the code, you just press a series of numbers and hey presto.

Here is a genuine link to the download sites --> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/here-are-the-download-locations-for-office-2010/ac67aa2f-dc1c-46f4-8b1d-ca00b3f02a18

Regards,

AO

Do you have the link to the pro version, as that just seems to be the normal version?
  • Alias_Omega
    Options
    If you click on the link, Office Pro 2010 is listed on the RH Side list. Therefore your product key will determine the version of office you will download.
  • Fergie76
    edited 24 September 2014 at 8:34PM
    Options
    Yeah, I seen it, but there is no link to download it.

I tried the normal version where the link is for, input my product key, but it didn't like it.
    The Office 2010 Product Key provided represents a product which is not eligible for free download.

My product key is for the pro version.
  • looking2save
    Options
    Is this scheme live and applicable to windows 8.1 (64 bit)?

My Dii account does not have IGS, would that be a show stopper?

Any help is always appreciated and thanks to those that spread the knowledge!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure