Car Insurance: Different Quotes?

Hello!
I have a question in regard to car insurance quotes.
I have used comparethemarket and my cheapest quote is from esure at roughly £260.
I've then used confused.com and my cheapest quote, also from esure, is £380.
Am i doing something wrong or is it common for different comparison sites to offer completely different quotes from the same insurance providers?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Who knows, we cannot see what you put between the 2 quotes.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No it's not common to get two wildly different quotes on comparison sites if you are entering the exact same details.
    These comparison sites will be getting their quotes direct from the insurance sites in real time by automatically filling in all the details, so if you're getting two different quotes it suggests they are providing two different sets of details.
    I would double check the details you are putting into the comparison sites to make sure they are the same.
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Check the total excess for each policy
  • Just sorted out the FILs yesterday, everything exactly the same, £238 from Confused (up £3 from the previous day when I initially had a look) got it through Compare The Market for £220.
    Compare had been £200 initially, but on double checking the details, there was no protected NCB selected.
    I've also found Compare to be cheaper than Confused for our own insurance. All details provided are the exact same, cover the same, the broker, the underwriter, and the excess. All the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure