Ready to do it all over again ...

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Happy New Year _party__party_

Last night we went to a friends house for the evening, was lovely and very mse :money: Ds is still asleep at the moment, very unusual for him but he needs it .

So today will be day one of wearing my fitbit again. It's fully charged and ready to go but I don't want to get up yet as I'll wake ds up. I have checked his savings account (annual interest paid today :T) and moved most of it into a higher paying interest account.

It's supposed to be raining here all day today but looks alright at the moment. I will try and get some steps in this morning before the rain comes. Other than that it's another quite lazy day, nothing much planed will just see what comes.
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Happy New Year BenBen.

I'm wishing you a super 2017 where all your goals come true.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • benbenandme
    Ds has finally rolled out of bed, I've managed to get the tesco order done while I was in bed, being delivered tomorrow teatime.

I also filled the car up with petrol last night, which will come out of this months money, hopefully that will last a couple of weeks.

Today I need to sort out the paperwork to send to the solicitor for the house move. Hopefully once everyone's back at work on Tuesday things will start moving along.
  • pixiechick99
    pixiechick99 Posts: 3,713 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy new year to you both:)
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • benbenandme
    Thanks Pixie, and to you and yours :D

So we've collected the dog, done ds bedroom to an acceptable standard, have gone through his chest of drawers and binned stuff that no longer fits, I will start packing in there next week so will sort through other things then as we go.

The outside Christmas tree has gone back to Mums along with three boxes of her stuff that I've had in my garage since she moved last year, I think I will try to take a couple of boxes each time I go round there, that way the garage will gradually get cleared in small chunks.

Half of the shoe cupboard has been done - the bottom half has the freezer, a lifetime supply of carrier bags / Ikea blue bags etc, and the ironing pile. The Christmas lights have been unplugged (although struggling to get the wire back through the hole in the wall :o ), the ironing is in the lounge ready to be done, the freezzer inventory is done, I just need to gut the shoes at the top and pull the freezer out so I can read the electricity meter and submit the reading online.
  • benbenandme
    Quick update:
    [STRIKE][STRIKE]Ds haircut[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Recycle xmas tree[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Xmas decs boxed up[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Email documents to solicitor[/STRIKE] DONE
    Ds thankyou letters
    Fix bike
    [STRIKE]Cancel old mobile contract[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Make an inventory of the freezer[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Make an inventory of the food cupboards[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Ebay any suitable items[/STRIKE] NO ITEMS FOUND
    [STRIKE]Change all bedding[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clear all junk to the tip[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Clean drawer in washing machine[/STRIKE] DONE
    Dejunk wooden drawers in lounge
    Research storage costs
    [STRIKE]Update calendar[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Sort MOT[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Find fitbit, chargee it and use it[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Take outdoor potted xmas tree to Mums garden[/STRIKE] DONE
    Arrange to take Mum to see new house
    [STRIKE]Dejunk all paperwork[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Gut shoe cupboard[/STRIKE]ALMOST DONE

I've also cleared the ironing again this afternoon and that has all been put away.
  • benbenandme
    My computer antivirus etc was sue for renewal today and I had an email saying it had been automatically renewed for £79.99 :eek: I have emailed them and have had it refunded and bought it elsewhere for £18 which covers all out computers / phones. I know I can get it free online but after lots of hassle in the past I'm happy to pay £20 for peace of mind. But no way to paying £80 :money:
  • benbenandme
    Morning all, final day of the holidays here, I don't want to go back to work tomorrow :(

So today - we are going to take the dog for a good walk this morning to get some steps in, I only did 3,000 yesterday :o Other than that we will be mooching, doing some last minute bits and pieces around the flat today, keeping an eye on the footie this afternoon (Bournemouth are playing tomorrow night). Food shopping is coming tonight.

Hopefully I won't spend any money today but let's see :)
  • benbenandme
    So I went on the internet and printed out a walk in the forest we haven't done before. It's 7 miles it says ... suitable for prams and buggies it says (I thought it wouldn't be muddy if it was on tracks) ... off we set, luckily we bumped into another couple doing the same walk and for the first couple of miles everything was fine, then it rapidly turned into a farce - the instructions were ridiculous; "Follow the path for 200m then fork right and go up the hill". All good except the path had no deviations from it whatsoever for 500m and then just ran out, there were no signs of any forks or hills at all. This happened several times and at one point we all decided we'd had enough and found our way back to a road and got back from there. We had covered about half of the planned route and had actually walked 8 miles already. There was no chance a buggy could've done any of it, we were up to our ankles in mud regularly throughout, crossing streams, allsorts! Anyhow, having found the road again we stumble across a chippie and had a well deserved bag of chips and can of coke each (£6).

The dog is shattered and will need a bath as he is caked in mud. In good news though I have made up for yesterdays lack of walking - my fitbit is showing 20,002 so far for today :j :j
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi there,just wanted to wish you good luck with house purchase and yor goals.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure