IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

**** IMPORTANT: BEFORE YOU POST - Personal info in posts.

Comments

• catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    That's what I thought was the case.
  • I see. What about incorporating this advice, or a link to this thread, into the Newbies thread?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I might do next time I update the NEWBIES thread. It's (deliberately, my choice) closed for replies which blocks me from editing so I have to ask specially, and only do this every few months when I'm ready and have time to make several changes that are in the offing.

I will!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • catfunt
    Bumped in the light of some recent posts.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    When was the last time there was a case when a MSE thread was produced as evidence?
  • catfunt
    When was the last time there was a case when a MSE thread was produced as evidence?

Not sure if this is a rhetorical question, or a genuine one :)

I cant remember the specific case, but I do remember reading about it.

In addition
    catfunt wrote: »
    Next thing we know is that the PPC has PMed the OP saying words to the effect of "we have identified your case, we only have one case with this exact claim amount and this thread will be produced in court as evidence against you".

I don't know what happened with this case as the OP never came back with the result of any case, but suspect she just panicked and paid up in the end.

IMHO, you cannot be cautious enough when dealing with PPCs, some of them are a devious bunch.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 March 2017 at 2:58PM
    Only a few weeks ago I received a PM from someone I was helping off forum. They told me the whole of their thread had been quoted back to them when they made their initial appeal to the PPC.
    They had been identified by some of the very specific information they had revealed in their thread.

Then there is Lamilad's court case where his posts were produced and shown to a judge.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • catfunt
    fruitcake wrote: »
    only a few weeks ago i received a pm from someone i was helping off forum. They told me the whole of their thread had been quoted back to them when they made their initial appeal to the ppc.
    They had been identified by some of the very specific information they had revealed in their thread.

q.e.d. .............................
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There's no "q" in paranoia
  • catfunt
    bumping again.......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories